PDA

View Full Version : Pax T n C

virga67
26th Mar 2006, 05:53
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes.
Just returned from a wonderful vacation on board an Air Berlin flight from Las Palmas to Munster. I was amazed at their wonderful service. Magazines and newspapers at boarding. A nice breakfast was served, with two warm rolls, plenty to drink, a nice puzzle book for the son and even a baby set(bib, diaper,wipes, bottle) for my baby girl. The 737-800 cabin looked very sharp, nice entertainment and flight tracking on board.
At my own airline, KLM, we also fly with the 737 but our service doesn't even come close. Even on our NGs we don't have the tv build in. So our flight safety is still done by the flight attendants in the cabin and we have no flight tracking or entertainment. We don't have anything special for the children and the food we serve isn't anything nice. Also our drink service is limited. This all to cut cost.
How do other short/medium haul operations treat their passengers? What kind of food and drinks do you serve, anything extra for children? What kind of ammenities do you have in the cabin? How are your passengers treated during delays?
Hope to hear from many different opperators.
Virga67

EI-CFC
26th Mar 2006, 10:25
AB is more the exception than the norm it would seem. I guess they are a bit more like jetBlue in the US, in that they try to provide excellent service which beats many of the major airlines, yet offer "low-cost" carrier prices.

Most European airlines have tightended their belt (not just KLM). Aer Lingus now has no free refreshments on short haul, but a paid for service. There is no in-flight entertainment/route map on their short haul A320/A321 either. bmi have now gone to a one-class service on many of their routes out of Heathrow, again with paid for food in economy. They do have drop down screens on their aircraft for a video safety demo. BA still offer a full service short haul route network, but even there things have been trimmed slightly. I'm sure others can shed more light on other carriers!

<edit>However BA's BA Connect services (regional) now offer one class service and paid for catering</edit>

neil armstrong
26th Mar 2006, 11:08
did fly on Iberia last year ,high price no service!
Traditional carriers are loosing the race from the lowcost!
the same service but most of the time for higher prices (except on certain routes).
I prefere to pay a bit extra and get some service.
I must say that i hate this run for a seat ,most lowcost carriers use.

Neil