PDA

View Full Version : LFSB -Basel Mulhouse -anyone been?

Kiltie
25th Mar 2006, 15:30
Hi

I have some travelling to do back and fore from the UK to Basel Mulhouse in northern Switzerland over the next few weeks. The scheduled flights take over ten hours to move me between my home base in the UK and Basel itself (poor connections), whereas my own aircraft would take just over five.

Has anyone travelled GA to Basel? What are their landing fees like? Any navigational pitfalls on the way?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

hambleoldboy
25th Mar 2006, 18:18
It's run by the French, which could pose problems in the present industrial climate in that country!
There are VFR routes in and out, charts available on the French SIA website, some noise sensitive areas to avoid, no pitfalls.
High ground to the S and E.
GA traffic is restricted between 1030-1230 and 1615-1800LT.
PPR 24hr before arr.
Landing fee to 1500Kg SFR 37.50, to 3t SFr 61.25, per pax SFr 8, parking to 24Hr free, Avgas SFr 2.41/1.32 taxed/tax free.
If I were you I'd go to one of the other GA airfields nearby such as EDTR, LFGB or LSZI.

Kiltie
25th Mar 2006, 20:41
Thanks.

Since my workplace is at Basle airport it would seem their charges are not too unreasonable to justify going somewhere else.

French these days are hot on proof-of-VAT-paid certificate's aren't they?
I have that anyway, just hope there's nothing else they are out to surprise the unwitting with.