PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchairs

grow45
24th Mar 2006, 22:47
A friend of mine is travelling from Edinburgh to Cork on an Aer Arran flight in a couple of weks. A wheelchair bound relative is going with her. Other than making sure the airline (Aer Arann) know well in advance is there anything else she can do to make life easier for everybody.
Thanks
grow45

lexxity
25th Mar 2006, 08:55
You have done the right thing so far in informing the airline. Have you told them if it is an electric or manual chair? All you need to do now is turn up and the airline will arrange the rest for you once at the airport.

ExSimGuy
28th Mar 2006, 17:46
The airline should put an "OSI" (Other Service Information) entry on the booking - they should have done this already as you informed them at booking time.

This should "flag" to all concerned.

Hope you have a good trip and post back to slag off the airline/airport if anything goes wrong :E

I'm sure it won't. Note your "PNR" (Passenger Info - usually 6 letters/numbers) and check a day or two before that they have the "OSI" for the wheelchair

Stu

(apologies, Lex, if this is your territory:rolleyes: )

apaddyinuk
29th Mar 2006, 06:02
Can I just recommend that you keep handbaggage to an absolute minimum. Its amazing how many wheelchair passengers try to take it all onboard and you often see them walking down the jetty or up to the plane holding onto the side of the wheelchair which the porter is pushing but the seat being full of baggage.