PDA

View Full Version : Dilema-need some advice

UB6IB9
24th Mar 2006, 06:16
I've been working as an office administrator (aka.bitch) for a medium sized charter company for about six months. They have single engined turbines, piston and turbine twins. In the past they have hired low timers from within on the single engined turbines with anywhere from 250-1000 hrs, but lately they've been moving guys over with about 500-700 tt.

Now my question is. I don't have my IR yet, so should I spend the money on my IR and try to get some work on the side if I can like para dropping, or go for the flight instructor rating and start building hours right away part-time whilst working on my IR part-time as well.

See if I get my IR and and do some para droping on the side, I won't really be able to build too many hours considering it's seasonal flying and I wouldn't want to leave my present office job.

On the other hand if I instruct, I can do it part-time...all year round to reach that 500tt and beyond alot quicker.

Any advice?

Cheers

Dude~
24th Mar 2006, 16:49
or go for the flight instructor rating and start building hours right away part-time whilst working on my IR part-time as well.

apart from the issue of wanting to instruct to build hours, I doubt you'd manage to hold down your admin job, instruct part-time, and do the IR part-time.