PDA

View Full Version : class dates

mpflis
24th Mar 2006, 04:14
I'm writing to thank everyone that helped me research and study for my CX interviews. I was called last June for a DESO interview on Aug 1 in SFO. Shortly afterward I received the good news and a second interview invitation on Nov 30-Dec 1. I was notified of being successful with my application in early January (due to some additional medical information). I have just now received the phone call that I have been waiting for since first sending in my application almost 3 yrs ago. I begin on June 19 in Adelaide on the A340. I'm going to be joining the CX team! Hopefully through this post I will come in contact with some future classmates. Once again, thanks for all the help, I couldn't have done it without these forums and its members.

mpflis

Cronus
24th Mar 2006, 05:22
Congratulations mpflis on achieving what you have no doubt worked long and hard for!
I'm by no means a guru on all things Cathay but my words of encouragment and advice for the next few months and especially from June onwards is to relax and enjoy yourself and your training.
The course is a rollercoaster. Some components are very challenging and some quite straightforward. There always seems like another hoop to jump through so pace yourself.
If you work smart you'll cruise through everything and still manage to give Glenelg and Wan Chai a good touch up!
This airline must have more folklore and myth about the training, checking and politics than any other carrier. Ignore the bullsh1t and once again enjoy yourself.
Regards,
Cronus
PS. I'm on the Bus and love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Spektor
24th Mar 2006, 11:38
Hey, Mpflis.

First of all, confrats on your success. I have been there and done that myself, so I know what it means to you.

My Stage 1 was on July 1st in NYC, Second on Oct. 31st - Nov. 1st. On the 1st on this month I got the class date. Now, I start in Adelaide on June 5th, with the Airbus course scheduled for July 19th in Hong Kong. I guess I will be seing you there. I have never been in Australia before (or anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere, for that matter) - really looking forward to it.

I have one more week of freight dogging around the US before I resign from my current company, then off for some long awaited R&R - fells like its going to be the longest one of my entire life! Don't get me wrong, I like my trusterd turboprop, but boy, does it not have enough Automation! See you in Adelade.

Spektor.

[B]Mr. Cronus,[B]

Hats off once more for the now legendary Interview Notes!