PDA

View Full Version : China Southern Progress

novicef
24th Mar 2006, 03:17
Looks like I don't have the hours to be called for an interview. However for future reference can somebody in the know answer a couple of questions.

1. Will China Southern renew my current Instrument Rating? If I have to pay for it can I use their Seneca during the time its not being used to stay current?

2. Have they got ATO's who can renew my Instrument & Instructor Ratings? and if so how long would it take to progress from a Grade3 to a Grade2?

3. Whats the difference between the GrobB and GrobC. Does their Grobs have a CSU??

Thanks in advance.

inthesoup
24th Mar 2006, 06:27
Novicef,

Sorry to hear that, but keep trying and keep sending in that resume.

Answers to your questions:

1) Unless you are in Phase 4 and teaching IFR then no they won't renew your instrument rating for you, and secondly no they won't let you borrow their senneca to do the renewal.

2) Last time I heard they still do instructor renewals, and have own ATO to do it, that is if MT is still around to do them.
Usually the upgrade is based on seniority, however if your rating is to expire and you have the requirements, then you could be pushed through for the upgrade.(however things could have changed since i was there, can you guys out there confirm this???)

3) The G115C are CSU 180hp fixed gear. Tas around 120kts and will comfortably climb to 7500' at 800-1000' fpm on a good day. I think then the G115B must be fixed pitch then???

Hope this helps

Cheers

ITS

novicef
25th Mar 2006, 05:35
Pity they won't do the I/R renewal especially if I am willing to pay for the aircraft. I would have thought it would have been in their interests to keep all their instructors at their peak.

As far as the Instructor Rating goes one would be current on the Grob and will then have to hire and fly an aircraft on the renewal which one is not current with.

Bula
25th Mar 2006, 10:05
Unfortunatly it is not a case keeping their instructors sharp its more a case of 46+ instructors trying to do renewals on 4 servicable aircraft on a good day plus keep the program ticking along on a 7 day roster.....

The guys who use it are kept current... which i guess is fair enough seeing phase 1, 2 and 3 are VFR instructors.

Instructor rating renewals are done in the grob so there's no drama there. As for the ungrades, as old mate ITS said its all based in seniority but there are sufficient grobs around that they will give you one (at a good rate) to do your upgrade with. It works well for everyone... you get your upgrage and pay rise. The upgrade process the compnay imposes is quite stringent as will take months to complete, so going outside is always good for your career progression.

Good luck with you and keep know to Peter. There is always movement just dont be to disguntaled and keep working at it.