PDA

View Full Version : New BHX Handling Agent?

flyBHXuk
23rd Mar 2006, 20:14
Heard today that new airlines to BHX - SkyEurope and Hapag-Lloyd Express are to be fully handled by new handling agent Aviation Support! Nice to see a new handling agent these days!

Flap15Geardown
24th Mar 2006, 21:12
Great, no equipment of their own, no sign of any staff. I wouldn't like to be handled by them. I hope I'm proved wrong but I think that both these airlines may well come to regret their decisions very quickly.:ooh:

jethro15
24th Mar 2006, 21:25
Who is behind 'Aviation Support'?

Call Established
24th Mar 2006, 22:20
A local guy used to work for a handler then had the balls to start his own, fair play!

I understand he has an equipment leasing deal, has offices, has staff on training at the moment!

Good luck to him, presume he can offer better prices, dedicated service ??? as he may have lower overheads ??? but don't quote me on that!

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
24th Mar 2006, 23:53
If he could find a way to handle and load/offload a reasonable size of cargo at BHX without it being held up going through Circusair's warehouse, he would have some business.

There is a gap in the market for cargo charters between Signature and Circusair for cargo handling from what I hear.

Little Fokker
30th Mar 2006, 13:11
Heard today that new airlines to BHX - SkyEurope and Hapag-Lloyd Express are to be fully handled by new handling agent Aviation Support! Nice to see a new handling agent these days!

I think they will be supporting Aerosvit - a Ukrainian outfit started in 1994. I think they started 28th March. Will make life easier for me to travel to Kiev rather than via AMS or a direct flight with BA from LHR or Ukranian from LGW. I think it will be full of strawberry pickers for the farms in Herefordshire this summer!!

flyBHXuk
22nd Apr 2006, 21:38
Great, no equipment of their own, no sign of any staff. I wouldn't like to be handled by them. I hope I'm proved wrong but I think that both these airlines may well come to regret their decisions very quickly.:ooh:

Yes no equipment of their own AT THE MOMENT! But leasing it from British Airways! No sign of any staff? Where did U hear that one, they have check-in staff, a trainer, despatcher, ops supervisor, pax supervisor and a station manager. A VERY nice crew room and ticket desk and 2 scheduled airlines. Can't really see why they'd regret the decision to be handled by them. Swissport (then Groundstar) only started with 1 airline (Air 2000) with very few staff and a tiny crew room and look at them now! With more contracts on the horizon I wish Aviation Support UK every success in the future!!