PDA

View Full Version : cadet diagnosed with colitis - SIC on Med Class 1

a320jokes
23rd Mar 2006, 09:51
Hi there,

I have been diagnosed with Colitis some time ago during my CPL training - although not severe and in remission since diagnosis, I am on permanent and minimum JAA approved medication.

In the past I never had troubles but since 2003 I got a SIC remark on my med class 1 certificate. I think this is a very unfortunate remark (sounding like SICK but meaning 'contact AMS etc) but it be so.

I was just wondering if there are any people with advice as I just finalised my training and MCC course and am about to start looking for work and I really don't know what to expect from recruiters as they will notice the remark.

Any advice welcome!

Michael

Aerodave
27th Mar 2006, 11:39
Hi a320jokes

Im exactly in the same boat as you, diagnosed with colitis.....remisson since diagnoses....minimal jaa approved treatment

The main difference is that i have not got my class 1 yet only my class 2. As you are someone who has experienced the Class 1 requirements can you give me any info on how they handle you differenctly having colitis and what are they looking for when considering whether to issue the class 1 based on you having colitis.

Any advice greatly recieved

Aerodave