PDA

View Full Version : Calling all O.F.T students...

moley
22nd Mar 2006, 16:24
Anyone out there at the min??.....
I am desperately to get hold of the management there to sort out 2 forms they have incorrectly signed/not stamped.
Had a mail from Jean-Pierre so phoned him and was told to speak to the chief pilot called Simon....
All I can get is answer phones now from Jean and Simon and even Dispatch won't pick up the phone!
Does Simon exist??? Can anyone get me a extension number so I can speak to a human being?? Aagh!!!!!
Am supposed to be back out there asap for further training but cant get my licence back from the CAA 'till these forms are sorted

gls.fly
22nd Mar 2006, 18:37
Moley

Just got back from OFT.. The place is ok but busy, so I guess that might explain the hold up.

When you get through on the phone press 2.... then ask for Liana she dealt with the admin side of things when I was there.

Hope you find it helpful. PM me if you need any aother details

GLS

Callsign Kilo
22nd Mar 2006, 22:00
Hey Moley

Have been hour building at OFT, fair enough school at a busy airport...if you are hour building and haven't flown before in the US be sure you get the instructor to explain the airspace and the various procedures whcih differ from the UK. Get them to give you an insight to the local area and a lowdown of all the nearest frequencies for vfr flght following or ifr flights! Unfortunately I was left to work it out on my own and got the feeling that the instructor on my check flight just wanted me to show him that I could fly a PA28. As I was hour building and would not fly with him again I felt he didnt give a monkeys what I did up there! Understanding the airspace and how the FAA like you to fly can lead to your initial flights being a little more comfortable than mine!

BritishGuy
23rd Mar 2006, 02:39
Moley?? Did you do a night rating there that you didn't get credited for?

moley
23rd Mar 2006, 11:22
Yep...Given all the forms and had log book signed up.Was somewhat naive at the time and believed all was ok!

fatboyslimfast
23rd Mar 2006, 12:38
A couple of guys have mentioned that you did a night rating at OFT that you didn't get credited for :confused:

what do you mean, or why didnt you get credited

Im going there soon so i dont want the same to happen to me, if im buying the night rating at $545, surely i must expect a night rating at the end of my 5 hours! shouldn't I

moley
23rd Mar 2006, 14:08
Just make sure U get up to date forms stamped and signed by them to then send off to the CAA otherwise you'll end up doing a lot of running around!
To be fair I have now received a mail from them and am off to make an expensive phone call now...wish me luck:ok:

moley
23rd Mar 2006, 14:54
Simon exists!
Very helpful phone call from him and is getting all forms sorted asap.Cheers Simon if you are reading.....no more sleepless nights now!;)
Ps( This happened before he joined OFT just to clear things up)