PDA

View Full Version : CR Airways

The Bare
22nd Mar 2006, 13:51
Does anyone know what is happening with CR and the 737/787 recruitment.
Anyone been offered an application or interview date

dalflyer
22nd Mar 2006, 15:47
Hi Bare,

I sent them a C.V. a while ago and was invited to attend screening. I wanted to know the T&C's before heading over to Hong Kong but they said they would only disclose them at the interview. Needless to say that's not the way to get me to travel half way around the world on my own dime for an interview.

Dal

Peak Tram Driver
25th Mar 2006, 03:41
I was down in Fenwicks last week and got chatting to this colombian babe and she me was telling me that they had better get their SH@T together if they want operate 737's by June. Ie Hire some experienced 737 people who can get things happening fast. She also said 2 senior management people had resigned recently is this the beginning of the exodus?......Purple rinse time for a pay rise!

The Bare
25th Mar 2006, 05:43
Hi Peak Tram Driver,
Question, did she have braces?
I was sent a very long application to complete a few weeks ago, nothing since though.

Flying Mechanic
25th Mar 2006, 06:43
the colombian one at Fenno's(with braces) is the fiancee of the townsville refueler!! steer clear

wingslow
25th Mar 2006, 06:52
Yes no term or cons. So how are we to make a decision to attend an interview.........very strange:eek:

Yippi Kai Ah
25th Mar 2006, 08:16
beware, heard two pilots have just jumped ship, and few more looking at options abroad. Sounds as if the rats are jumping ship before she goes down.

Fly747
25th Mar 2006, 11:28
Don't know about Fenwicks I'm more a Neptune man, but I hear that the Dragonair GMO has declared he can get all the FOs he wants for the new -400 freighter from CR guys with honkie licences. $5400 plus $4.55/hr for FO, applications open soon!

HotDog
25th Mar 2006, 13:43
Yes, great if you are local, especially if you are single and live with your parents.:suspect:

Hickory Stick
26th Mar 2006, 15:40
With the markest being the way it is right now, why would anyone experienced come here? Low time guys short of experience, well why not. Just don't expect anything like life insurance, health insurance, or a normal schedule. Great guys and gals work there, but it is a sinking ship.

If an employer can't tell you what the terms of employment are before you come...that should tell you something!!!!!!!

Stay away, stay very far away!

Cheers

skyjockey
27th Mar 2006, 02:28
Hickory stick

sounds like you have been screwed over bad, anything you can share with us newbies looking at CR Airways?

cheers

Hickory Stick
27th Mar 2006, 02:53
Stay away, that is all I can say. Promises broken all the time. They promise you certain working conditions and terms, but when you show up in HK after training in Montreal, the contract changes for wose, much much worse.

Like I said there is nothing else other then your basic monthly pay, the health insurance they offer is worthless and only for you, not your kids or wife. Lies and lies is what this company is all about.

They promoted 3 junior f/o to senior f/o and promised a rise. Well after waiting 4 months for the rise, one person quit.

If you join, realize you will be repalcing people who quit. You may get on the 737 if it ever comes. My personal opinion, you will regret coming here. They say 15% bonus at the end of the 3 year contract. Well that is deducted from you pay, so its no a bonus, and I doubt anyone will ever see it. They will find a way to cheat you out of it I think.

That should summ it up. For those who are expecting a wonderful life in HK on 36,000 honkies a month, good luck. You will have no one to blame but yourself if you come here.

BEWARE OF COMPANIES WHO MAKE YOU SIGN YOUR FINAL CONTRACT AFTER TRAINING AND MAKING THE MOVE TO THEIR BASE. THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE.

Peace out!

P.S If the 787 ever comes at all it wont be till 2010, 737 who knows. Unnounced in Dec 2005, still no firm orders and no 737 crews. That should tell you something.

Yippi Kai Ah
28th Mar 2006, 16:05
hickory,

sounds like you have been bent over and shafted hard, fast and dry!! you from america or from the frozen side? if indeed you work for these brain surgeons maybe its time you went back to seal culling!!!

bumped into the townville refueler the other night, recons its all hitting the fan other there.

COP
28th Mar 2006, 20:15
Hi
Is Allan Stevens still there. I met him once before, nice bloke. I have crj time and 737 NG time. I sent an email to Mr Stevens but no reply, so possibly wrong email or no longer there? I would like to be there for the 737 but from the sounds of it................

Rubberbiscuit
28th Mar 2006, 21:57
No Allen Stevens is gone. The DFO and the chief purser just resigned as well....and if I was a betting man I'd say they will not be the last ones from middle managemet to resign! Hickory Stick is speaking words of wisdom. Is it a job?.....yes! Are you flying a jet?......yes! But that is where the list of positives end. They have good people in middle management really trying....but they are all leaving in droves for a good reason!

My 2 cents!

Hickory Stick
29th Mar 2006, 00:18
YKA, what an intelligent suggestion, seal culling sounds interesting. Where i am from is not the issue. Where i am at is. Believe me, the first chance i get, i will be leaving. I am just offering my two cents. Maybe you would like to share your opinion with the people that are asking about the truth behind CR Airways.

Its too bad that the rats are jumping ship. Unfortunately CR is filled with rats, its the hard working employees that are jumping and not the rats.

To those that are interested, do not be suprised if your contract is different than what you discuss once you show up in HK. By then it is too late, history has a habit of repeating itself once you show up in HK, contracts do not mean jack here.

COP
29th Mar 2006, 00:36
Hi there again. Why has Allan left? Where has he gone to. I met him there and he offered me a job on the CRJ, this was 2004. I did not end up going there as I snared something a little bit heavier. I did have good CRJ time and I think he was keen for some people then. I am wondering if anyone knows what the requirements are for DE Captain on the 737. I am flying the 800 now and even though things do not sound good up there a week is a long time in aviation. Maybe Hickory Stick you could PM me. Also if yougo as F/o on the 737, what is upgrade time for experienced drivers on type???
Thanks
Also all the best to Allan:ok:

Hickory Stick
29th Mar 2006, 01:45
I could Pm you, or you could PM and ask specific questions. Let me say this. The 737 are not here yet, don't know when. I have no answers as to how long for upgrades etc... The pay is something you have to consider. As it stand now 36000 HK for F/O, 48000 HKD for captain, nothing more. For that pay is it worth it? When are we as pilots going to stop lowering the bar? I was promised or should I say, was told to expect more. But once I showed up, things were different then what I was told to expect.

I have nothing else to say. If I hold a gun to your head are you going to ask how many bullets i am going to use? I personally think one should do the job.

Peak Tram Driver
30th Mar 2006, 07:47
First Officers (B747-400)
Posted 28 Mar 06
Close date 28 Apr 06
Location Hong Kong
Package Attractive North American remuneration package
Apply for this Job

Job Description
Flight Crew Services (H.K.) Limited, a 100% wholly owned company of Dragonair, is now recruiting flight crew to man Dragonair's new B747 400 freighter fleet out of North America.
Dragonair is a dynamic and expanding airline based in Hong Kong currently operating a fleet of 30 Airbus aircraft to 31 passenger destinations across Asia. Our B747 freighter fleet, based in Manchester, now operates scheduled services between Europe, the Middle East, Japan, China and Taiwan and its Hong Kong hub.
Applications are invited for the position of FIRST OFFICERS (B747-400)
A current ICAO ATPL;
Unrestricted medical,
At least 3000 hours total, including either 500 jet hours or 1000 multi engine turbo prop hours in a multi crew operation;
Experience commemurate with age;
B747-400 rated individuals, with time on type, will be given priority.
An attractive North American remuneration package, including annual leave, gratuity payment, medical insurance, and free and discounted travel for employee and eligible dependants, will be offered to the right candidates. The positions will report for duty at either Los Angeles or New York. The additional option of a Hong Kong report under the same package may also be available. Vacancies are anticipated from late 2006 onwards.
(Right of abode, immigration and personal tax matters will be the responsibility of the applicant.)
Please send application letters stating clearly the position and reporting point, with one page CVs, to the address Or email to the id given.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and for recruitment related purposes. We will not be able to reply to all applications. Shortlisted candidates will be notified within three months' time for interviews. NO TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES PLEASE.

Address
c/o Crew Resources Department

Level 2 Dragonair House
11 Tung Fai Road, Hong Kong International Airport
Country Hong Kong
Email [email protected]

All your CR Guys and Gals....get your CV's in, this could be your escape from working for PURPLE RINSE and the Yipster. All the top brass is leaving, they were good guys and no one ever listened to them.Next time you got to the office, as you come throught the main door , turn left and go and give your CV in to Dragonair!!
bye bye PTD

Peak Tram Driver
24th Apr 2006, 08:19
I was down on old Fenwicks on saturday night got chatting to a Colombian chick , she told me some of the CR pilots are off to Korea for 737-800 ratings? Whats the go boys and gals are they still coming in june/july?

christep
25th Apr 2006, 02:54
Does anyone know when/whether CR Airways is going to become a proper scheduled airline rather than a charter operation? I ask because my girlfriend and I have started to use them recently to fly to Clark (near her hometown) but we are becoming increasingly frustrated by the fact that the schedule is effectively "at some point in the 12 hours following xx:xx pm"; there is no attempt to contact passengers to inform them of delays (despite there being only 10-40 passengers on each flight); and there is no recompense for hanging around for hours at HKG or CRK. We tried using the HKIA website and tracking estimated departure times that way, but almost came unstuck at CRK when they closed the check-in and immigration started to pack up to go home 45 mins before the originally scheduled departure time even though at that point the plane hadn't even arrived in HKG from its previous sector, never mind got on its way to Clark.

The benefits of not having to get to and through the zoo that is NAIA are significant, but at least with CX there is some reliability to the schedule, better lounges (particularly at HKG where CR has none) and some recompense if things go badly wrong.

Cost-wise there's not much in it. Timewise in the rare event that CR is close to its schedule then obviously that is quicker, but on average the hanging around for the plane to turn up more or less matches the time taken from Pampanga to NAIA...

Is it going to get any better?

smallwing
25th Apr 2006, 05:21
There is currently an IFALPA recruitment ban on the 747-400, as the Dragonair Pilots Association is sorting out the workings with the company.

Please give the guys some time to sort things out before joining.

ROO-C26B
20th May 2006, 15:34
I think this is a golden opportunity for those who want to progress their aviation career with a major airline like KA on the -400. If you are a struggling GA pilot wanting to get a break or get their foot in the door, what do you got to lose. Certainly the pay is much much better then what you are on now. Yes, I understand and I do agree one has to protect their earning capacity and not allow it to be degraded. However (from a GA pilot point of view) if you are offered a chance to fly the big jet would you consider not to join and miss this opporturnity for a career progression.

If you join are you going to be black listed by the IFALPA? In my opinion I think it is unfair to those who want to progress their career.

The Resistance
20th May 2006, 19:12
Fabulous example of self-serving rational ROO.....simply fabulous. We need more pilots like you in the profession.....will do us all a world of good. :yuk:

ROO-C26B
21st May 2006, 01:30
R,

All you want is to protect yourself doesn't give stuff about others who worked their ass off to survive in GA and aspired to continue to progress their career. However I don't blame you at all. It is in all of us primal animal instrint - self preservation. Yes, you might have made it to the top. Take a moment and think back hard to those days when you're in GA before you made it to the top. Simply it is a free floating market (supply and demand) if you don't like it don't apply. I worked damn hard to struggling to survive in GA and I want a return to my investment (time and money). Don't tell me you have not experienced it unless you are one of the lucky one who started at the top through cadetship or etc.

JY9024
21st May 2006, 13:04
Roo,
If you want a return on your investment then don’t think that you will get it on the KA 400, unfortunately It just doesn’t add up....

JY

Peak Tram Driver
21st May 2006, 19:47
Wheres Hickory Stick these days? I found a complete set of CR Airways Pilot uniforms shoved in a bin in Tung Chung the other day....hope it was not yours!

Hickory Stick
22nd May 2006, 14:54
Nope, returned mine through proper channels. Hey can you get M.W to PM me? I seem to have lost a bunch of contacts in the move.

Cheers

dragon501
17th Aug 2006, 11:22
Amazing how much the Colombians know in Fenwick's isn't it?!?! ;-) I personally only go there for the band... (is there a band?!?!!??!)

Cheers

PS. Just leave your business cards at home when you go there....