PDA

View Full Version : 9 AEF at RAF Church Fenton - Any PPRuNers?

Jinkster
22nd Mar 2006, 08:35
9 AEF at RAF Church Fenton - Any PPRuNers?

Jinkster :ok:

Roland Pulfrew
22nd Mar 2006, 09:41
Jinks,

Why? Planning to do a Northern PPRuNe Bash?:ok: IIRC the bar up there was/is good. Pity the Mess has gone though - real shame!

RP

FrogPrince
22nd Mar 2006, 10:09
Have been known to provide a taxi service for local cadets once a month.

( Between you and me I'm considering buying a Yak-12 so Fenton would make for convenient hangarage, if I can swing it with the Powers-That-Be ! )

:ok:

Is Fenton on borrowed time, though ? I'm sure Mr Prescott would look to get his grubby hands on the real estate !

newt
22nd Mar 2006, 17:58
Just drove past the gates at CF! What a mess it is too. The RAF sign is hanging off the railings and needs a coat of paint! It only begs the question "Who is running the place and allowed it to get into such a state?"

But then again "Who cares?"

Back to the bar and another pint of Black Sheep!! Helps to keep the blood pressure down!

scottyhs
26th Mar 2006, 13:22
Im the staff cadet up at 9AEF.

A yak would be great could we fly cadets in it?

green granite
26th Mar 2006, 13:58
J
Back to the bar and another pint of Black Sheep!! Helps to keep the blood pressure down!

Riggwelter I trust :ok:

TurbineTooHot
26th Mar 2006, 14:36
"The RAF sign is hanging off the railings and needs a coat of paint! It only begs the question "Who is running the place and allowed it to get into such a state?""

Oi, I put a couple of licks of paint over that particular sign only a few years ago, and put up a shiny new "Home of YUAS" sign to boot. The SHQ does however contain a bijou bar that suits the purpose.:E

Tis under the control of Linton, and should be home to one of the new EFT squadrons 'n' all. Safe.... probably not.:confused:

Ta, TTH

scottyhs
26th Mar 2006, 14:38
I think the sign look authentic...

Yep its listed as one of the new "super-EFT" bases so hopefully will be there in the future!

FrogPrince
27th Mar 2006, 13:45
Yes, I'd be delighted to fly cadets.

( First things first, though, got to build the business case and cost / syndicate model, travel to the Baltic states to get some air time and make sure the -12 is going to suit me etc. etc. find hangarage and such like )

Will keep you posted, Scotty.

scottyhs
27th Mar 2006, 18:49
cool i call first ride!!!!!!

Jinkster
12th Apr 2006, 09:44
Yaks - ooh bit thirsty!