PDA

View Full Version : 100 Best Companies to work for

monroe to Angeline
20th Mar 2006, 13:33
Sunday Times March 5th 2006
Not sure if this has already been covered on this site, but I was really shocked that NATS didn't make the top 100.
Unfortunately (or perhaps not Mr Baron) they didn't publish the worst 100. We were probably a dead cert for this list !!

MartinInTheMiddle
9th Apr 2006, 16:43
Are you serious? I know NATS is far from perfect but everyone I know (with a few exceptions) who works for another organisation would swap their lot for mine. I suppost it depends on where you work in NATS and who you work for but by any standards I think its a pretty OK company.

Arkady
9th Apr 2006, 17:01
I think that was the 100 best SMALL companies to work for. NATS (or Nats or nats or whoever the hell we are now) maybe alot of things but small it ain't.

REVOLUTION
9th Apr 2006, 19:23
NATS is a great company to work for.
We work a lot less hours than much of the working population and earn big salaries!

goldfrog
9th Apr 2006, 19:54
NATS is a great company to work for.
We work a lot less hours than much of the working population and earn big salaries!
You'll not be an NATS project engineer then?

REVOLUTION
10th Apr 2006, 08:03
No, I'm an ATCO

danceswithsheep
10th Apr 2006, 08:10
Management potential there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

throw a dyce
10th Apr 2006, 11:13
Rev,
Are you an Atco 3?:hmm:

atcomarkingtime
10th Apr 2006, 20:55
Throwadyce.....c'mon...you love it! Atco3 or whatever.....i see you smilling everyday doing the job you love!! :ok:

REVOLUTION
11th Apr 2006, 07:52
I'm an ATCO 2 (Band 5), that's probably why I can't stop smiling!

flower
11th Apr 2006, 08:02
Whilst there are aspects of the company which I feel are deteriorating , most especially since PPP, we have to realise just how well we are currently looked after.
For example our pay holiday and working conditions exceed many others out there. I do believe however we have to fight to keep them that way as given half the chance I think the management group would alter them.
If you are sick you know exactly where you stand, you are on full pay for some time, many people outside the industry have very few days sick before they get no pay.

So whilst feeling we are at the start of a very slippery slope unless we are strong through our union, we are well looked after as employees if you compare us to so many other companies out there.
No I am not management and never likely to be either :}