PDA

View Full Version : Still possible for a flightsimmer to book a pro simulator?

Byrna
19th Mar 2006, 19:51
Hello,

I am an experienced flight simmer using Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 on my PC for about 2.5 years. I have experience in IFR flying using charts, SIDs, STARs and have a good knowledge of Boeing 736/737NG, 744, 742, cockpits and some knowledge of the Airbus A320/330/342/343 as well. I also fly with live ATC online on VATSIM where real-world procedures for ATC and IFR flying, including oceanic procedures, are implemented.

I have read flight simmers being able to book a professional full motion (or non-motion) flight simulator through airlines. I live in Montreal so does anyone have any information on whom I can contact to book time on a professional simulator and how much it may cost (per hour?)

Thanks in advance,

John
Montreal, Canada

Airbus FlightSimmer
20th Mar 2006, 06:17
Hi John,
I'm sorry, but I only can speak for Germany.
We have here a big variety of offers for full motion Flight Simulators for any aircraft types for the public. Most of these offers are not from Airlines (although I noticed an offer on Lufthansa's Miles and More program).
Perhaps you can try to find out which simulators are in your vicinity and call them to find out if they offer public access and where you can book hours.
On this website http://www.thirtythousandfeet.com/flightsi.htm under "Flight Simulators" there are a few offers but I didn't find one in Canada.
The price per hour varies. It depends on if you are alone or if you share the hour with somebody else. One hour which includes briefings (which makes it about 20 minutes flying) for you alone cost about 800 Euros here, but as said it varies.
I hope this helps a bit.
Robert

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th Mar 2006, 07:21
See simulator sessions advertised in Sunday magazines in the UK but the cost is horrendous for one hour...

Doors to Automatic
20th Mar 2006, 15:10
See simulator sessions advertised in Sunday magazines in the UK but the cost is horrendous for one hour...

Not for much longer....watch this space...........;)

ARINC
20th Mar 2006, 17:20
Lufties are for rent in Berlin....quite a reasonable price...

watch this space......

http://www.air-service-berlin.de/?page=202-0-0-0-1-1-2&lang=2