PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Boeing 737 Entertainment

the_fish@blueyonder.
19th Mar 2006, 00:04
Hello, first post here, probably in the wrong place, so I apologise for that.

In the summer me and some mates are flying to Prague with BA from LGW.

I've been with BA before from EDI-LHR and their A319 has the small TV screens which fold out and show a sky-map with some flight info as well.

On our return flight we had a B757 which had the aisle screens, but did not show anything on them, however we did have the Radios switched on.

Anyway, my question is, should I expect any In flight entertainment on the LGW-PRG route in August, weather it be a sky-map, short programmes or even just a radio?

I noticed on the BA booking pages that it is a B737 that does this route. It costs too much to go from LHR, and although I tried to get my mates ot agree to the B767 from there, they just weren't seeing my point. :{

Thanks in advance,

Donald. :cool:

Dr Illitout
19th Mar 2006, 06:03
The IFE system fitted to BA 737 consist of oval screens fitted to the side walls of the aircraft and a back up system of a portable A5 sized entertainment module. I.E. you look out the windows or read a book!!!!!
There is no IFE fitted to BA 737's

Rgd Dr I

Avman
19th Mar 2006, 06:52
"oval" on a B737!!! You're suffering from Viscountilitis Dr illitout. No known cure I'm afraid ;)

HZ123
19th Mar 2006, 14:42
Answer ; No ; You will get no entertainment .

the_fish@blueyonder.
19th Mar 2006, 19:52
Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive, I can always just run my finger along the map in the In flight magainze and show my mates where we are. :ok:

Thanks.

spoilers yellow
20th Mar 2006, 13:42
IFE is not provide on any BA shorthaul routes from LGW or LHR regardless of aircraft used.
Exceptions are the longer "band 4" flights eg LCA. DME, ATH, tripoli, istanbul etc etc.

The aircraft may have the screens, but it wouln't be in use.
Not sure that many airlines on short sectors provide IFE with the exception of a moving map display, which you will find on most BA airbuses.

the_fish@blueyonder.
20th Mar 2006, 19:59
The Map for me is Entertainment :p

Looks like we might go by Easyjet now anyway, the BA prices have gone up to £20 more than them instead of £10.:rolleyes: