Bl**dy Rugby.:mad:

Sry, venting off anger....:{ :{ :{

Time Flies
18th Mar 2006, 22:32
:mad: FRENCH!

:(

MrBernoulli
19th Mar 2006, 04:56
Such a shame the England rugby team are so awful so soon after the World Cup.

Like This - Do That
19th Mar 2006, 05:31
As painful as it might be for you blokes, at least you got to see it. For the first time in I have no idea how long it wasn't shown on the telly in Oz. Not even a highlights show.

Bl00dy Fcukxtel own the rights but in a fairly typical display of contempt for rugger fans it didn't bother this year. If they can't find a slot to show it live that's fine .... show some highlights at 4am next Wednesday .... I don't care .... why don't they just bl00dy well show it?

Foxtel - 6 nations? Where the bl00dy hell is it?!!??!? :mad:

Zoom
19th Mar 2006, 10:27
Time to draft in the Rugby Sevens team that has just done well in The Commonwealth Games. They seem to have a whole different approach to the game. OK, so it's a whole different game, but there are certainly players there who would do well in the full team. Sigh.

covec
19th Mar 2006, 10:35
For those of us who are not English but of a more, er, Celtic Gaelic persuasion - it all went rather well!:)

teeteringhead
20th Mar 2006, 08:39
As a proud Englishman, I thought it was a superb end to the 6 Nations!!

England beating Ireland 39-10 to secure the Grand Slam ... full details here! (http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/RFUHome.Community_Detail/storyID/13452/storytypeID/33/):)

..... oh, you mean there was men's rugby going on as well!!;)

airborne_artist
20th Mar 2006, 08:52
Time to draft in the Rugby Sevens team that has just done well in The Commonwealth Games.

You know you are getting old when one of the lads in the England R7 team went to school with your daughter - I can remember him at primary school sports day 10 years ago :{

johnfairr
20th Mar 2006, 09:01
Thanks for reminding me AA. My elder son played county cricket and rugby for five years with one of the 7s squad. Seem to remember that he was quite useful, even then.

jf

station workshops
20th Mar 2006, 11:03
As a 1st generation Scot of Irish parentage, Saturday was bloody marvellous for me, made even better by the (somewhat expected) Celtic victory in the CIS Cup yesterday at Hampden.

Admitedly the first Irish try was dubious (ie it wasn't one) but hey, you takes all the luck you can get, and you guys are the world champs, n'est ce pas?.

Erin gu braugh. Alba gu braugh, Allez les Francais.

Blue touchpaper lit, now retiring gracefully.

engineer(retard)
20th Mar 2006, 18:17
Given the linesman was jock and the 2nd try was also due to a line cock up, I would say that the jocks beat us twice in the 6 nations thisyear.

dessert_flyer
20th Mar 2006, 18:25
Actualy i just thought we were rubbish, no flair and error prone. Never seen us so poor at the lineouts. Lets just admit it, we were c**p. (i mean england)

BEagle
20th Mar 2006, 18:53
Calm down dear(s) - it's only a game.....

(With apologies to Michael Winner!)

hobie
20th Mar 2006, 19:04
Calm down dear(s) - it's only a game.....

How can you say that !!! ..... ;)

this is a deadly serious subject ....

just as much as turning on Radio 4 at 04.00 hrs to listen live to the England/India Cricket conflict .... :p

500days2do
20th Mar 2006, 19:20
Its a pointless exercise being the best team in the world 18 mths b4 the world cup...just ask the kiwis...their average wc placing is losing semi-finalists...but admittedly,world cup 2011 in nz will be englands to win...hopefully son of johno will be in his prime by then.

5d2d

brit bus driver
20th Mar 2006, 19:27
HAving been there.....:} ....it was highly disappointing, though rather good fun as it was my first Six Nations at Twickenham. As the U21 team won their tournament, things bode well for the future. Sadly, we were let down by the basics, and perhaps some questionable decisions. Anyway £55 well spent!

wessex19
20th Mar 2006, 23:33
Not such a bad weekend, The Waratahs won!!! Go the Tah's

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Mar 2006, 04:22
Bit of a dodgy decision against the Bulls disallowing the try against the Hurricanes....:suspect: :hmm:

bakseetblatherer
21st Mar 2006, 04:56
As painful as it might be for you blokes, at least you got to see it. For the first time in I have no idea how long it wasn't shown on the telly in Oz. Not even a highlights show.
Thank you to the Rugby Channel: NZ- All matches live and several sets of highlights throughout the week!
And I reckon the England team need some of those 7's players in their backline and Fr will be hard to beat in Paris next year!
Well Ain't I clever...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/international/4824570.stm

Edited to add BBC link

Flap62
21st Mar 2006, 06:04
Given the linesman was jock

Engineer Ret - Just a question.

If the linesman had been from Pakistan, would you have said - "the linesman was a Paki" ?

LunchMonitor
21st Mar 2006, 06:14
Jock
Meaning and Origin
Origin Scottish
Boy/Girl Boy
Meaning God has been gracious; has shown favor. Based on John or Jacques.

Flap62
21st Mar 2006, 06:20
Oh, I see. I'm very sorry. Didn't realise that Eng Ret was on first name terms with all of the officials.

My point stands.

Roland Pulfrew
21st Mar 2006, 07:22
Oh, I see. I'm very sorry. Didn't realise that Eng Ret was on first name terms with all of the officials.
My point stands.

Get over it!! Your point is PC Bolleaux. OED Jock n. sl.a Scotsman [Sc name of the form Jack].

ie not offensive to anyone but the PC brigade. Perhaps the linesman was officiating against the Sassenachs (OED n. & adj. Sc. & Ir. usu. derog. an English person) NB Derog meaning derogatory ie insulting. Anyway the linesman obviously thought the player had gone into touch by the way he clearly raised his flag!!:mad:

BEagle
21st Mar 2006, 07:49
'Jock' is hardly an offensive term..

Whereas 'porridge wog', definitely would have been!

AlanM
21st Mar 2006, 08:03
.........what's wrong with "Sweaty Sock"?

People are sooooo sensitive these days.....

From a Janner

Flap62
21st Mar 2006, 08:21
Still waiting for an answer - would he have used the term "Paki"?

AlanM
21st Mar 2006, 08:53
Anyway - well done to Ireland (and France....)

I think pulling the plug on the 6N coverage in the southern hemisphere is a ruse to make you think we are good in Europe!!! (Trust me - you have nothing to worry about!!) :(

Anyway - it was cold on the touchline, but here are some piccies:

http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421417.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421427.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421442.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421527.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421543.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421541.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421430.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421436.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/kbmphotography/image/57421438.jpg

dantura
21st Mar 2006, 09:40
Alanm.

Fantastic photo's.

...We (England) were unfortunately cr*p. Which is a shame, 'cause the talent is there, but stupid, basic mistakes ruined the game (well, for me), with a little touch judge help of course.:hmm: Agree with bringing on the 7's. I'd hate to play NZ right now, but who knows in 18mnths??? Bring it on (Forever the optimist):ok:

D

dantura
21st Mar 2006, 09:43
Oh,

...and what the hell is Robinson smiling about????:mad:

D

AlanM
21st Mar 2006, 09:48
Yep - the first Ireland "try" was interesting as the ball was right next to me on the touchline. It was so obviously on the line (and the touch tudge put his flag up for a 1/2 second!) that I didn't take any pics of the ball being grounded! (doh).....Cohen looked like he had been mugged......

As for Robinson, thought I would get a pic of him in his seat - just in case it is the last time he is in charge!!

Loads more via the link on my profile..... inc England v NZ/Aus/Samoa:ok:

Echo 5
21st Mar 2006, 10:22
From the link on previous page:

" England are set to rest experienced stars "

Who would they be then ? :)

Epsilon minus
21st Mar 2006, 12:30
PC lot read this and sqirm.
Beagle: What is the origin of the term WOG. Is it an acronym?

Rugby enthusiasts.
Irrespective of the dodgy decisions England were poor. They never made it past the 3rd phase without knocking on and stopping the game. They are one dimensional and lack the ability to play wide expansive ball in hand rugby that the Wallabies and the All Blacks do. The stand off was poor missing at least 3 kicks (8 points) and failed to create moves or even reach touch with his kicks. The English attack resembled flat Rugby League style, I was expecting the 5th tackle hooter most of the time. The referee missed Sheridan constantly driving in with his left shoulder thus collapsing the scrum. At left wing Cohen lacks the qualities in defence (and attack for that matter) that are required at this level of rugby.
England need a good clear out in the management and coaching departments. Sooner they start the better.

Echo 5
21st Mar 2006, 13:10
WOG = Wily Oriental Gentleman. N'est pas ? :hmm:

foldingwings
21st Mar 2006, 13:40
So!! Without the help of the BBC playback facility, just how many of you Sassenachs managed to work out that the ball hit the line before Shane Horgan chipped it back in! If it was airborne when he kicked it, it was not out! If it had hit the line before he kicked it, it was out! It was a split second decision which did not turn the match against England.
Admit it, chaps! You were caught out this year and you were caught out last year! You finished 4th both times! Don't try and blame the match officials; blame your backroom staff! Sack a few people and get back on the path of glory before the World Cup.
Scotland may be improving, Wales may recover and Ireland might need to rebuild. However, we Jocks (I'm happy with that term but find BEagle's alternative term immature) and the rest of the Celts realistically know that only England are capable of getting to the Final of the World Cup in 2007; but only if they take action now. Stop whining, do something about it (does Andy Robinson read PPRuNe?) and make the required changes so that we (the Brits) can at least take pride in beating the French on their own ground next year.
FW

EESDL
21st Mar 2006, 16:21
England lacked any imagination and lost because of it.
Still can't understand why experienced players deliberately handle the ball in the ruck - in front of the ref!!!! The number of penalties against showed that the players do not seem to have the capacity to think and play at the same time. Numerous occasions exposed individuals lack of coordination and the fact that the backs are simply too beefed-up to be able to even side-step!
Squad contains very few players with actual skill.
All the Coach can offer is to take the ball in and hope you win the next phase!
18-months may be too short a period to remedy the mess that his coaching policies have produced.

Strange how players are picked from their impressive 'club' performance - then are not allowed to play for England using such recognisable skill, flare and initiative.

Ireland were great and thoroughly deserved their win.
They did their homework and rode their luck - hats off to them - coming to Twickers and exchanging the touchjudge flag for one made of lead:)

Then swapping it back to wrongly footfault cohen's throw in:*

Epsilon minus
21st Mar 2006, 16:58
AlanM
Those are fantastic photos Thanks for posting them. What sort of a camera do you use to produce results as good as that.
Great picture of the Grommit grin on Andy Robinson. I hope that makes the papers when he gets booted out.
Ronan O'Gara wearing blades. These should be banned by the IRB

An Teallach
21st Mar 2006, 17:36
Sassenachs (OED n. & adj. Sc. & Ir. usu. derog. an English person) NB Derog meaning derogatory ie insulting.

Sassenach is merely the Gaelic for a Saxon. Hey, if the English compilers of the OED wish to regard their own heritage as derogatory, who is this humble Porage-Wog to disabuse them?

Flatus Veteranus
21st Mar 2006, 17:56
I cannot understand those (Danturaincluded) who claim that England have the talent but somehow just cannot get their act together.

I believe that the Premiership is producing mediocre English players with plenty of beef, and fit, but lacking in technical skills. The clubs buy these skills from abroad.

I think the English team played well up to their limited capabilities against Scotland and Ireland and gave up to the Frogs. Perhaps they were fatigued?

The fact that England A got thrashed by Ireland should be sounding the clangers at RFU HQ. A thorough examination of the structure of Rugby in England is long overdue - including the match programme.

England's World Cup victory, based on a superb pack, a half-back pairing that is now defunct, and a great goal-kicker, gave rise to the usual English disease of complacency and concealed the fundamental underlying weaknesses.

Radar Riser
21st Mar 2006, 19:16
Personally, I thought England should have handed the game to Ireland much sooner and let them score more points.

At least France wouldn't have won the championship!:E

engineer(retard)
21st Mar 2006, 20:33
Flaps

I've lived in Jockland for over 8 years and was on the recieving end of plenty of abuse, even married one for a while and got even more abuse. If you believe the term paki to be derogatory, why are you using it.

Apologies for taking so long to reply I have a day job.

regards

retard

PS A sensitive soul like you should not be allowed anywhere near a rugby thread.

AlanM
21st Mar 2006, 20:59
AlanM
Those are fantastic photos Thanks for posting them. What sort of a camera do you use to produce results as good as that.

2x camera bodies, (Canon EOS1DmkII) with the following strapped to them: EF400mm F2.8L and Ef70-200F2.8L IS.

Enough said about the joker in the tie......!

Flap62
22nd Mar 2006, 06:25
A word is only derogatory if used in reference to someone. It cannot be derogatory when used in the context of a discussion.

I note that you did not answer the question though. Would you have used it?

engineer(retard)
22nd Mar 2006, 20:06
Flaps, no I would not use it. But like most of the population I do not consider Jock to be derogatory. In fact I have met many Jocks called Jock. I could have called him scotch but I understand that is a drink or an egg and that could be called derogatory. I could have used Scotsman, but as a leftish wing rag that might be considered derogatory.

But to keep you happy, I will say that the linesperson (careful not to use a sexist term) from an ethnic but popular minority made many errors of judgement. Possibly due to being of restricted intelligence or failing eyesight that is probably not his fault but that of the previous tory government who were responsible for his education and health. Could not decide when to raise his decision indicator (the term flag being upsetting to stateless people) and perhaps being unable to make a decision should maybe have given a ball and a trophy to each team so that there were no losers.

Unfortunatlely I cannot find a fluffy font but I hope that assuages your fear that I have a swastika tattooed on my forehead and am about to start preaching the need for genocide against our northern countrymen.

regards

retard

hobie
22nd Mar 2006, 21:28
I've never considered Jock or Taff or Paddy derogatory terms but I must admit I would not consider Wog acceptable .....

I still greet 90% of the guys I meet with "Hi Soldier" .....
(ex-service or not) ... :)
I'm lousy at remembering names :p

Magnificent photos by the way ...... I think that Camera comes in at around 4,000.00 U.S. Dollars .... body only ... Lens extra :eek:
you can certainly see the quality !