PDA

View Full Version : Questions asked in FAA Multi & CPL flight Test

huzz
18th Mar 2006, 17:21
Can anyone give any insight into the types of questions asked in the oral section of the FAA CPL and Multi flight test?

Thanks

chrisbl
19th Mar 2006, 10:21
why dont you get a copy of the Oral exam guides published by ASA. They contain a comprehensive list of the questions commonly asked.

B200Drvr
19th Mar 2006, 16:08
Huzz, For the MEL make sure you know and understand the 8 factors of VMC and can explain them well, also know the machine you are flying, you will get asked systems, performance etc. For the Comm, make sure you are completely up to speed on what the CPL allows you to do and not to do, ie "holding out." Know the distance rules for over water, and know your airspace and rules applied there in.
Also know what part 91, 121, 135, 137 are.
Good luck

Fair_Weather_Flyer
19th Mar 2006, 18:38
Read through the FAA practical test standards for this test. You can either buy the book or use the www.faa.gov website. Look at the areas that will be covered in the test and read around them. Try to use the FAR/AIM for most of your background reading. This way, if you can't remember something in the oral, you can look it up in the said book. Get your instructor and other students to ask you questions based on the test standards.

huzz
19th Mar 2006, 22:30
Thanks chaps. I appreciate the assistance.

razzele
20th Mar 2006, 01:50
Hey B200,
How I can tell you went to aviator !!
Who did you do your checkrides with ?
edited to add...
also read up on defining factors of the critical engine, and the prop governer if this is your first complex AC.

B200Drvr
20th Mar 2006, 05:21
Razzele,
I did indeed go to the Aviator, but it was in 2000. xxxxx did some of the rides as well as a DE called xxxxxx I only instructed there for 3 months before getting a job with Able American Jets, that was based on the field.