PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair now charges you for baggage as well.

gone till november
18th Mar 2006, 17:17
It now can cost you more to carry your baggage on board an FR plane than it does for the cost of the flight.

MOL has now introduced a baggage charge of........

Passengers travelling with checked in luggage will pay a nominal fee of £2.50 (€3.50) per bag, per one way flight if prebooked on our website at the time of reservation or via a Ryanair call centre (up to 3 hours prior to scheduled flight departure), or £5.00 (€7.00) per bag, per flight if presented unbooked at the airport.

This is in adition of a charge of £3.48 for insurance and "Wchr" charge which is FR's way of disguising that they are still charging all pax for wheelchairs whether they use one or not. And why are they charging me for insurance? I have my own travel insurance.

Where will it stop?

Da Dog
18th Mar 2006, 17:24
When the punters vote with their feet................ don't see any signs of that do you?

Barnaby the Bear
18th Mar 2006, 17:33
What!!!!!! You mean I have to pay £2 for my flight, then an extra £2.50.
These companies are just take, take, take! :E

simfly
19th Mar 2006, 11:26
On some routes I don't think this is too bad an idea. I recently flew from Stuttgart to LHR with BA and got charged 44 Euros for my skis, which I travel with regularly but this was the first time I've ever been stung for it. My mate got charged 230 Euros for being 20 KG over. On arrival home in Abz, I questioned the BA staff as to what I can do in advance to avoid incurring a cost, they said it would cost almost as much to send the skis in advance! With the Ryanair system, at least it would only cost and extra fiver! Besides, I thought the charging for bags would eventually see a drop in the ticket price.

jack_essex
19th Mar 2006, 13:36
Yes, you are paying £2.50 per flight to check your bag in, but you are allowed an extra 5 kilos as the allowance has risen to 20 kilos. When you were only allowed 15 kilos, if your bag weighed 20 kilos you would have to pay £27.50 for the extra 5 kilos in excess.

This is hardly a bad thing.

BUSH BABY
19th Mar 2006, 18:11
As far as I understand it they have reduced all prices by £2.50 so your ticket should cost you no more than it would have before FR decided to charge for hold bagguage:ok:. How long have BE been doing the same thing? Me thinks this is just another have a go at FR thread:suspect:.

Wing Commander Fowler
20th Mar 2006, 08:27
Can you not still opt out of the insurance? You used to be able too!

MarkD
20th Mar 2006, 15:13
I think the insurance charge is the post 9/11 surcharge on aviation insurance, perhaps someone could correct me if I'm wrong.