PDA

View Full Version : Guest Speaker needed in Pontefract

FrogPrince
17th Mar 2006, 08:57
Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the hats I wear is as a CI at the ATC Squadron in Pontefract. We had a guest speaker lined up for Friday 24th March but he's had to go to Florida instead. ( Pontefract... Florida... - difficult choice ! )

I was just about to start on the 'Via Dolorosa' of ringing around local TA units but then I thought of Pprune. If any serving or former service member could spare an hour or so that Friday evening to come and talk on a military or aviation related theme I would be very grateful.

Laptop/proxima can be provided and your petrol will be remunerated. Might run to a couple of beer tokens too !

Spasibo bolshoe !
Dunk a fieldmouse !

FP

FrogPrince
18th Mar 2006, 12:00
Just bumping this back up for weekend viewing...

Cuz Curry
18th Mar 2006, 14:08
Hi Frog

Feel free to message me, I would be more than willing to help out if I am able.:)

diginagain
18th Mar 2006, 19:40
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Not Cuz.
Please.

(Tried doing a lecture to a dozen small Jock cadets this week. Can't figure out if it was my Yorkshire accent, or that fact that I was trying to put across the reality that, in a few years time, the RAF won't be able to fill Dundee Utd's ground that had them in tears. Still, the Corps might get a few recruits out of 'em.)

buoy15
18th Mar 2006, 20:23
Could manage the "Theory of Flight" in 5 minutes - "Nuclear physics for beginners" in 10, or "Dutch Steam Navigation through the canals, pre 1935" in 25
What is the average age of your audience - will they fall asleep on me?

wg13_dummy
18th Mar 2006, 23:32
Lol @ Cuz.

Frog, if it is the real Cuz, you may need to put aside more than an hour if he rambles on about Blue Egos, bikes and Brunei! I suggest at least a month of four hour lectures in the style of Alan Partridge. :)

Got a job yet Cuz?

FrogPrince
20th Mar 2006, 20:58
Thanks for helping, chaps. Target audience is mainly 14-16.

( Brunei ? That's not the usual white sock territory, is it ? )