PDA

View Full Version : Flight Instructor Training Aids

Jerrym
16th Mar 2006, 23:11
G'day guys,

Does anyone know where to obtain those model aircraft used by flying schools with the moveable control surfaces? I'm setting up a new flying school, and need to obtain a few models.

rmcdonal
16th Mar 2006, 23:19
Last place I went to built there own.

deadhead
17th Mar 2006, 11:39
Hear/here, wear/where, there/their!

Don't you guys know the trolls measure flight crew insanity levels by the godawful spelling mistakes they see us make?

Woomeri, it makes us look bad...but then again, Strayns do suck, except in a bloody swimming pool, and velodrome, and gym, and (add any other sport you can think of)...

But by far the worst crime on these pages is the incessant misuse of apostrophe's. Now that truly suck's.:p

rmcdonal
17th Mar 2006, 14:13
Ge your a funny guy/gal Dead head. I wish I was as smart and as good at spelling as you. Then I would almost meet that god like state of chief Prune spellchecker.
Love your work. :ok:

locknut
1st Apr 2006, 23:31
jerrym

I once did some investigating into the classroom models but found them to be very expensive (like hundres). If you're interested PM me and I might be able to find someone at YMMB.

Mr.Buzzy
1st Apr 2006, 23:42
I saw a neat looking training aid a while back.
The model was intended for use as a radio control model ( a fairly robust one at that ) and with a little bit of nouse, superglue and patience a really nice looking model was born.
I'm sure you could build one for under 200 bucks.

bbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz

tealady
3rd Apr 2006, 07:15
Coy called "Oramodels" in NSW somewhere makes them, about $140 to $160.
I'll post again when I get the rest of their details