PDA

View Full Version : BFTS Bases

Maxibon
16th Mar 2006, 13:19
I drove by Church Fenton the other month and was a touch sad to find the mess had been razed to the ground. After nearly 18 years since pilot training it was good to see the old place again. Those wonderful mornings of praying for fog, endless IF chop flights, up in front of Harry for breaking an entry for booze, continual harrasment by the evercharming RAF Police (weekend punishment duties accompanying said pigs to enforce excessive driving at 2mph over the 20mph speed limit), secco huts, a moustachioed d**k head of a P Ed O and some extremely cute WAAFs in the PBX. Memories etc drone..........:D

airborne_artist
16th Mar 2006, 13:58
secco huts

The secco huts at Leeming were "reserved" for RN EFTS until Andrew graced the scene. Don't remember lovelies in the PBX, but step forward the midshipmite from 88 course who enjoyed a :mad: :mad: :mad: with a charming pair of WAAF stewards after the 87 course leaving party.

teeteringhead
16th Mar 2006, 16:23
And the Mess at Syerston is now derelict, having gone through a spell of being an Islamic Training College.:confused:

Syerston had nice WAAFs on the line too, good way to get strapped in!:E

Roghead
16th Mar 2006, 18:11
B***er, missed them again. No nice WRAFs at Syerston in my day not that I'd necessarily recognise one( see first solo link for explanation). I only rememember the ex Red who chopped me!:{