PDA

View Full Version : How hard do you work?

malibu77
16th Mar 2006, 09:58
What are the lagal max flying hours in HK, are they the same as the UK -900hrs block?

How many hours do you fly a month/year with cx and dragon, how many days off do you get. Does it vary depending on rank, I understand a SO at cx gets it quite easy.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Winterland
16th Mar 2006, 11:10
FTLs in Hong Kong are based on document CAD371, which is almost a direct copy of the UKs CAP371 from prior to 1997 when HK was handed over. So they are very very similar. If you do a long haul trip crossing more than 6 times zones, you get 6 days off. I hope this answers your question.

jtr
16th Mar 2006, 13:04
FTLs in Hong Kong are based on document CAD371, which is almost a direct copy of the UKs CAP371 from prior to 1997 when HK was handed over. So they are very very similar. If you do a long haul trip crossing more than 6 times zones, you get 6 days off. I hope this answers your question.

Dan if you get a chance could you pop up to crew scheduling and point that out, because the certainly don't schedule it that way at CX. We used to have a bit of protection with 5-4-3, but since we sold that one down the river we are getting screwed on the long haul fleets.

Silent Running
17th Mar 2006, 10:44
Agree with jtr, having just racked up an hour and a half short of the 28 day legal max in 19 days, 6 pacific crossings and a regional with only 3 days off between, 6 days off now but then another 6 day reserve block which they can't really use coz of the preceeding 'stacked' roster, duh! nb. no req's for compact rosters involved here either. Oh, and no overtime because 1st rotation was at the end of last month. :{

Dan Winterland
17th Mar 2006, 14:31
jtr - love to, but as I don't work for CX they'd probably tell me to p:mad: ss off! Should have mentioned that you have to be away for 6 days to get those 6 off, 5 days earns you 5 days, 4 earns 4 etc. Works for the freighter. This is actually better than current UK FTLs - from my dodgy memory!

jtr
17th Mar 2006, 23:00
I had figured that out by your application of the 6 day off rule.

Guys are getting 4 trips in a 31 day period covering 6 or more time zones, plus maybe a "regional" (around asia) trip. Legal under the great rostering deal we agreed to. All the 777 lads who voted for RP05 will get a big shock if they vote for it again when the 777 starts doing long haul.

5-4-3 forever. At least it provides some protection for recovery periods after long haul (and we are after all a long haul airline)