PDA

View Full Version : S/O vs. D.E. F/O

CXtreme
16th Mar 2006, 04:53
S/O vs. DE F/O

All the S/O’s I have operated with lately is very worried about the direct entry F/O’s. Looking at their I.D. card numbers, all these complaining S/O’s are ban breakers. Now if you joined this company during the recruitment ban, and supported the management and turned your back on your fellow pilot’s, how can you expect our sympathy and support?

You were a willing soldier of these managers. What did you expect from them? Yes, KennyB did tell you he will protect you against any intimidation and victimization, but this did not mean the company respect or appreciate you for breaking the ban. In fact I think, while assuring you of their protection while they needed you for their unscrupulous practices, they were wondering what kind of person you are to go against your team mates.

You fed this monster, now you are surprised that he eats you? Remember your name was tarnished forever, with aviators and managers, when you knowingly and willingly went against an international ban.

My sympathy and support are with those S/O’s ( I know their badge numbers) that will be affected by DE S/O’s who joined after the ban, those with the clean sheet.

fire wall
16th Mar 2006, 05:13
I think we should all put our hand over our hearts and thank god that the travelling public have little to no idea the prevelance of utter morons that inhabit the small space foward of the flight deck door.....yes that is directed directly at you F/O or more than likely S/O cxtreme ..... You are a fool.
Perhaps we should look at ways to make the recruitment process more robust so that clowns like you are weeded out proir to joining........... and we scratch our heads looking for answers why the failure rate is so high - you are case in point. We are hiring children with big mouths and little brains!

Mr. Bloggs
16th Mar 2006, 06:09
and jelly for a backbone! I'm sorry, the jelly ones already work here. Been here for years and they invited there friends.

SkyCruiser
16th Mar 2006, 08:57
CXtreme,

Climb back under whatever little stone you crawled out from, and don't ever come back out.:*

It makes me sick to my stomach to ever think I might have to spend 6 hours sat next to you.:{

mpflis
16th Mar 2006, 12:05
Im currently waiting for a class date as a DESO. I am aware that CX is recruiting DEFO's for the cargo fleet. I have also read that they may be looking for DEFO for the pax fleet in OZ. I'm hoping someone could give me some insight on what this might mean for someone like myself.....career ramifications. It's not something that will change my mind about joining CX, for it has been my only goal since beginning aviation; however, I would like to start with realistic expectations. Being mentally prepared is half the battle. Here is what I believe I understand. Transition from SO to JFO 3.5-4 yrs JFO-FO 1 yr. FO to Captain (if you can make it past the training and management eval) 10 yrs total. I realize that alot of people may be joining as FO's on the cargo fleet (which would seem normal given that they have 5 more 747 converted freighters on order with options for 6 more), but for it to directly affect the SO's, wouldn't they have to move to the pax fleet? Is this what the majority do? I only ask because the people I know that would be interested in joining all want to remain close to their home country, whether it be the U.S. or Europe. Now they could definately stay on the cargo side until a position becomes available on the pax fleet (after 3 yrs), but it seems like that would take longer than for a SO to upgrade to FO, especially with the new 16 airplane 777-300ER order (and options for 20 more) which should bring many SO's on board like myself. Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers

777300ER
17th Mar 2006, 02:32
I was recently told by a very good source that the time to upgrade from S/O - F/O will be in the 6-8yr range when D-F/O Pax recruitment starts. I would honestly think twice about joining with these prospects. It's not that the S/O job/lifestyle is bad (quite contrary actually) however the real issue is how you perform during your upgrade to F/O 8yrs from now after doing 8yrs of relief work.

Corny
17th Mar 2006, 14:20
time to upgrade from S/O - F/O will be in the 6-8yr range when D-F/O Pax recruitment starts

That estimate is much too conservative. Not to mention not nearly agitating enough for this sight. Something more like 8 to 9 years should do. But wait, let's just round up, shall we say 10 years. But hey, we probably need a range. And besides, 10 is mearly a decade, hardly enough to stir the masses. How about 10 to 12 years. Yeah, that's the ticket. That will really get them going. Any takers? :eek:

mpflis
18th Mar 2006, 01:04
any other takers? 777-300ER, do you work for CX? If in all actuality, upgrade time does go beyond 4 years, what happens to SO pay? The only payscale I have seen ends at 4 years and then JFO begins.

boxjockey
18th Mar 2006, 01:54
If they were to begin recruiting into FO Pax, would someone who joined around the end of this year as a SO be affected? I've heard that SO upgrade has come down somewhat, and is only being restricted by available training cycles. How about bidding back to US freighter? Also if someone knows, how many crews are going to be based in ATL. Thanks.

box

leet
18th Mar 2006, 05:13
Search the master roster for JFO upgrade this month, you'll see 11 S/O getting upgraded in april... things are speeding up definitely i think?

Drunknsailor
18th Mar 2006, 22:27
ah, speculation, it's so great!!!