PDA

View Full Version : PPrune Towers! Why have you closed SAS leaves Army Thread?

Tigs2
14th Mar 2006, 20:02
PPRuNe Towers
WHY have you closed this thread?? Nothing wrong with mutual exchange! We need to discuss these issues wether you like it or not? Why is this open forum so closely monitored? I am a banner advertiser and will pull out if this carries on. I believe in closing vitriol but believe in free speech the thread in concern had not breached mil forum rules.

Ali Barber
14th Mar 2006, 20:59
"Thread hijacked by hamsters past and present. Their remaining time on this site is limited."

Couldn't see the problem myself, but that's the reason. When I started the thread, I wanted to make more comment about the doc's trial Vs this incident but I kind of knew where it would end, i.e. here, so I didn't.

In order to avoid another ban, let's just leave it alone and close this thread as well. It ended up just going over old ground that no one was going to agree with each other about.

If anyone knows how to report this to a moderator, please do so. I haven't been able to find the link since the revamp of PPRune.

The Rocket
14th Mar 2006, 21:10
Ali,

Use the Exclamation mark sign at the bottom left corner of your "post box":ok:

PPRuNe Towers
14th Mar 2006, 21:16
Here's the reply that went out to enquiries by PM several hours ago:

Your thread has been invaded by professional argue with their toes types from the jetblast forum who are having their knuckles rapped at the moment.

Their Iraq slapfest has been shut down otherwise your thread would have ended up there.

No problems at all regarding the conduct of the discussion but we're not having your thread as a haven for those who contribute absolutely nothing to the site other than back and forth interminable argument.

If I get time I will bar them from the forum so you can continue. With very few and minor exceptions the quality of discussion by you guys is beyond reproach and you have my full permission to pass this note on to any other disgruntled parties.

Regards
Rob

Stumpy1000
14th Mar 2006, 21:16
Why Close it? It may go over old ground, but so what!! There were interesting comments coming out.