PDA

View Full Version : One Six Right

Blue Sky Baron
14th Mar 2006, 01:42
Several months ago someone posted a thread here about a movie/documentary titled "One Six Right", and I visited their website and registered my interest in purchasing a copy when it was completed.

I have just received that DVD and have to say it is one of the best aviation documentaries I've ever seen.

I don't want to make this sound like an advertisement :O and invoke the wrath of the Woomerii, but if you have a passion for aviation, you need to get this DVD.

You can find out all about this movie by doing a search on any of the search engines, don't think I should put any links here 'cos I don't want to get into trouble! ;)

One warning: The DVD is a "region 1" type and may not play on some DVD players. :(

Anyone else got a copy and want to pass comment? :ok: Thumbs up from me.

BSB:)

Chimbu chuckles
14th Mar 2006, 03:26
Ordered my copy a few minutes ago:ok:

gaunty
14th Mar 2006, 03:46
Cool :ok:

Last time I checked it wasn't available, off to order it right now, thanks BSB,:cool:

Metro Boy
12th Apr 2006, 01:53
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble logging on to the website www.onesixright.com ?

FlugWeasel
12th Apr 2006, 05:50
A friend in LA who flys from Van Nuys sent me this a few months ago.

It is a fantastic piece of film. Not your average plane-spotter material.

The story it tells about the demise of GA and the need for general aviation to sell its story to the local community is very relevant to Australian GA.

I believe AOPA USA sent copies to members of congress as part of their lobbying process.

We need to do something similar in Australia to be able to better market the GA benefits of Bankstown,Moorabbin,Archerfield,(insert your home field).

If you are having troubles with the main site, try:
http://www.sportys.com/onesixright/

CIA Stooge
12th Apr 2006, 21:38
Just to jump in and add my 2c worth - definately a 'must have' in any aviation DVD collection and highly recommended. I've had mine 4 days and it's still a case of seeing something new every time I watch it. It would be nice to see the beancounters at every GA (and RPT!) airport receiving a copy to remind them of the essence of what aviation is all about....

blueloo
14th Apr 2006, 01:30
I put my name down on the email list ages ago and never had a reply from them.

I just ordered from sportys and they emailed me saying "We are currently unable to ship the “One Six Right” DVD internationally due to an incompatibility issue. The manufacturer is initiating a new run that will be tested in various International DVD players"

HAs anyone else had a similar problem and resolved it?

Howard Hughes
14th Apr 2006, 07:13
The trailers on the website sent shivers down my spine, can't wait to get my copy!!

Kinda puts it all back into perspective really....:ok:

Dog One
14th Apr 2006, 08:47
I would assume that all the DVD stock is coded for Region 1, whereas Australia is Region 4. If your DVD player will accept all regions or region 1 you would be able to play it.

blueloo
14th Apr 2006, 09:46
My DVD should play all regions, I was just wondering whether they have been sending this email to other (Australian) customers, and withholding the order, until a reply email is sent explaining we do have multi region DVD players here. Once they get a reply to that effect do they send it anyway, or is there continued effort required to get them to send it?

Alternatively, maybe they had a batch of dud DVDs........

Dog One
14th Apr 2006, 09:53
I would email them that you are happy with a region 1 disc, and you will find that they then will forward it to you.

studentpilotmcuk
22nd Apr 2006, 23:05
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble logging on to the website www.onesixright.com ?

Hi the website has flash running in it. If your computer is slow it won't run properly

all the best

SP:)