PDA

View Full Version : Baggage Reclaim Blues

Smeagol
13th Mar 2006, 21:28
I have just returned from my annual golf trip to Portugal and for once had to check in baggage. (Most of my flying is business related and I tend to 'travel light' with only hand luggage.) Once again I have had to suffer the muppets at the baggage reclaim who insist on crowding the carousel usually with at least one trolley, sometimes two, so that less than half the passengers can see what luggage is on the conveyor.

Why can these twonks not stand back 2 or 3 meters and allow everyone a clear view of the conveyor? When your bag arrives, step forward, collect bag and move away! Too simple I suppose?

The only good thing is that when I spot my golf clubs, force my way to the conveyor and hoist them off, I can wallop a few idiots with a rather heavy bag getting them clear!

Anyone else feel the same way?

Middle Seat
14th Mar 2006, 00:13
Because those twonks don't realize that other people exist or might want to approach the belt. Don'tcha know, the sun revolves around them.

TightSlot
14th Mar 2006, 08:25
Something happens to people when travelling by air. I don't know what it is, but it definitely exists. I'll give you good odds that they are the same people that leap to their feet as soon as the aircraft pulls onto stand and rescue their (extensive) hand baggage, in order to stand doing nothing for 5-10 minutes: They'll also hold up boarding by standing in the aisle to discuss who in their group sits where, and to stow their hand baggage. I could go on: There are a million weird and wonderful things that people do that wouldn't happen if a moments' thought had been applied. The only thing that I've learnt, the only constant, is that just when you think you've seen it all, somebody will surprise you with something newly stupid. This used to irritate me, which gets you precisely nowhere, so now I relax and observe - fascinating!!

There's nowt' so queer as folk!

:confused:

howflytrg
17th Mar 2006, 12:44
I feel the time is right to introduce the Regimantal Sergent Major to the industry. There should be one assigned to each flight. The RSM (WO1) will regiment his (or her) charges in such a way that they shall become effective and efficient travelling machines. They will be marched into a guard and travel as a group. They will thus checkin as a group having all the required documentation ready by the time they reach the desk. Only carry on what they need. Move briskly (where possible) through security. Then they shall not drink excessive amounts of booze, however if they do have a glass of wine or swift half they shall toast the queen. Very proper i say!. Our new formed unit will then CHECK THE FLIGHT INFO SCREEN for their gate and proceed accordingly. Once onboard, having remembered to keep their boaring card stub for inspection by the crew, they shall be placed in the assigned seat by our beloved RSM. They shall become plesent passengers towards the crew and remain polite, or by god will the RSM not be a happy chappy. On arrival they will remain behing the line at the belt and not crowd around. After exiting customs they shall salute the RSM for getting them through the 'process' in one orderly fashion, and then be dismissed. Job done. Could be quite a fun job! lol.