PDA

View Full Version : orlando transfers

c.r.m what is it
13th Mar 2006, 20:30
Hi

Next month i will be flying into Orlando international, and my girlfriend into Sanford, were i will meet her! does anyone know the easiest way to get between the two airports as i understand they are a fair way apart! and also how much this might cost?

would be greatful for any help!

TSR2
14th Mar 2006, 10:25
You don't say who arrives first but the easiest way is to hire a car. Orlando International to Sanford takes about 35 - 45 mins depending on time of day.

Keygrip
14th Mar 2006, 11:08
It would have been helpful to know the difference in arrival times (days), it would have been helpful to know what you're doing and where you're going after meeting up again - but the directions are available from http://local.live.com/?v=2&rtp=pos.28.437354_-81.304619_Origin~pos.28.775012_-81.242478_Destination (you can zoom/pan/print everything once you get to that site).

c.r.m what is it
14th Mar 2006, 14:57
sorry did'nt give much away there did i! she arrives in sfb at 15.40, and me in mco at 16.20, not keen on driving, so hoping there was another way! will be staying in the sfb area after we meet!!!!!

Keygrip
14th Mar 2006, 15:42
Now, you see, it's a whole new World!!

If "she" gets in at 15:40, she'll likely be through the terminal and stood outside in the sunshine by 16:30. No facilities, to speak of, landside. The airport is geared up especially for the land, get out, get away folks who are usually met by tour reps. or family.

If you get in at 16:20 (British Airways Flight 2037? Gate 84) then you should, if all goes well, be through the terminal by 17:45<18:00.

If you then want to rent a car, (which you've just said you don't) it could be another thirty minutes before you are sat in it, and then it's a 40/45 minute drive (if you don't know the way) to Sanford - which means that your now ex-girlfriend will have been sitting alone in the concrete jungle of the arrivals area for anything up to 3 hours - after an early morning alarm call, three hour check in at the UK(?) airport and a ten hour flight in zoo class.

If you are STAYING in the Sanford area then maybe you should have a system in place, before she arrives, to get her to somewhere cool and comfy for a shower and a cup of coffee....and you turn up when you can get there.

If you want to send me any more details of where, when, why, who, whatever, you are both planning to achieve (PM or on-line, I don't care), I'll try to have a look into some ideas for you.

Public transport is quite rare in Florida. It's assumed that every family has at least five cars.

Last bit - what have you got against driving? Age, cost, fear of being on wrong side, insurance, lack of geopgraphy...anything else?

apaddyinuk
14th Mar 2006, 23:00
How about you both meet at your place of accomodation!!! There are regular shuttle buses from both airports into orlando and from there just grab a taxi!!! Assuming you are staying in the MCO area that is!!

Keygrip
15th Mar 2006, 02:55
will be staying in the sfb area after we meet!!!!!it says in message 4!!

cjhants
15th Mar 2006, 08:05
CRM - you need a car. if you are staying near sanford there is just about nil public transport, and you will need a car unless you are planning not to venture beyond your hotel. even then many of the florida hotels dont have much in the way of catering.
SFB is a hellhole, and when all the UK charters arrive at the same time the arrivals/car hire area resembles a third world refugee camp. been there once, never again.
you dont say if MCO is your US entry point, if it is, expect a line through immigration, if you are US domestic traffic its a lot quicker.
most of the rent a car offices are in the multi-storey car park directly opposite the arrivals, and its all pretty straightforward.
the floriday greenway (toll but not expensive) is the best way between the 2 airports.
if your hotel is near SFB best your GF gets a taxi or shuttle to the hotel, rather than hang about there.

Keygrip
23rd Mar 2006, 16:54
I'm longing to know what "resource management" you eventually came up with (to keep your girlfriend).

How are you going to do this two airport task then, CRM?