PDA

View Full Version : Which Exeter Flying School????

dogstar2
13th Mar 2006, 20:14
OK Lads & Lasses,

Which Exeter flying school is the preferred one for military people using to gain an IR? Are there any other options which are closer to the Midlands and are a tried and tested by a military person?

Many thanks

Lee Frost
13th Mar 2006, 20:26
Many military flyers choose Airways Flight Training at Exeter, known as AFT. If you do a search on them, you will find some information.

Lovely people - why not take a visit down there, as it will clue you in quite quickly. Their web address is www.airwaysflighttraining.co.uk

trilander
13th Mar 2006, 22:00
Try Bounus Aviation @ Cranfield Tel 01234 751800 Capt Pete Godwin is excellent. I was trained by him and passed, and Iwas just an armourer.

charlies angel
13th Mar 2006, 22:36
Went from ss stick monkey to me/ir in min time and best of all MIN COST with AFT a while back. All other "retirees" at the time did the same as well, which left plenty of beer tokens for the long de briefs in the hotel bar. Very nice place to do business :ok: :ok: :ok:

toppledgyro
14th Mar 2006, 20:01
I used AFT at Coventry in 04...small, friendly, not too expensive and most importantly good instruction for a min hours first time MEIR pass.......school was recommended to me by another ex-mil pal who had identical results. Good hunting!