PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Airlines Turkey

2 stripes
13th Mar 2006, 14:01
Does anyone have any information about the 737 line- training programme that Pegasus out in Turkey operates? Has anybody undertaken the scheme, did you get a job afterwards? Thank you in advance. O.k. this will not doubt kick off the debate of self sponsored type ratings etc, lets not start another slaging match!

european champion
14th Mar 2006, 06:04
Im interested in that scheme too.Could you please provide us with more details?(How do we apply,requirements,cost,salary after completion,base,bond period...)

nopoal
14th Mar 2006, 10:52
So do I. >Thanks for the info.

Regards,

flaps 15 % :cool:

2 stripes
14th Mar 2006, 14:21
Hi European champion,
Here is what little information I know. I went to their website www.pegasusairlines.com and under training their is an e-mail address where I sent a copy of my C.V. So far I am waiting to hear back from them. As far as costs, entry requirements, salary after the course, I can’t help you. They appear to do self sponsored in house type rating courses, so a bond would not come into the equation. As for bases, I believe their head office is in Istanbul now if they other bases, once again I don’t know

An2
14th Mar 2006, 14:38
Next course is planned to be held in May.
80-ish pilots in line, waiting........

Good luck!

lgt
15th Mar 2006, 00:21
Thank you Maverisk777 for your effort!

What a pity no longer summer contracts are offered!!

Özcan
21st Mar 2006, 12:10
will turkish locals have bigger chances of jobs in pegasus?

not even peanuts
31st Mar 2006, 19:21
A word of caution,

At the moment there are many foreign F/O's 'working' for Pegasus. They completed their TR last year/recently.Pegasus told them that to complete 200 hours linetraining would take aproximately 3 months after the TR.
In fact, it will take them much longer, hence they can expect their first salaries at least 4 months later than expected.

So, if you are planning to do the typerating at Pegasus and fly hours subsequently, please take into a account a much longer timespan than will be 'promised' to you.

@Özcan,
It seems they prefer Turkish nationals for the long term. The yabancis are just sort of backup.
I believe there are classes starting this year only for Turkish nationals.

Jetavia
31st Mar 2006, 20:11
For the ones already rated elsewhere and looking to do linetraining with them there will be no courses this year .. first they expected a course for May then I was told August/September and now no course this year... :bored:

diverine
25th Apr 2006, 15:28
I just received the following e-mail below from the training dept. of Pegasus Airlines. I must remind you that I am a non-typed applicant. Honestly, sounds like a :mad: to me. If you add up the costs, it comes out to be 28,000 Euros +. And I also condemn the people who are willing to pay all this money upfront.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can inform you that the costs involved in participating in our course are approximately as follows (cost may change at the time of training):
Type Rating Training Course (Groundschool, Simulator, Base Training): 20,500 Euro
First 100 hours line training: 7000 Euro
Totals 27,500 Euro
Any hours thereafter: 50 Euro per hour

I must remind you that there may be additional expenses up to 500 Euro for headsets, manuals and uniform.

At this stage I must inform you that there are no job guarantees attached to this course.
The training dept. has advised me that the next course will not be before September.
There is however a waiting list for the next course. Once the next course becomes available I will be contacting applicants in order of date apllied.

Best Regards,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

lgt
25th Apr 2006, 16:22
So the course for september is full isn´t it? So if you apply right now you will start the TR in september or months latter???

2 stripes
26th Apr 2006, 20:49
Diverine

I agree the ethics of buying your own type rating are wrong but the airlines are in a no loose situation.

not even peanuts
28th Apr 2006, 08:00
...and regardless of ethics. If the course starts in September, expect to fly during the winter season which means that you will fly an avarage '30-something' hours a month (even that can't be guaranteed). They will probably tell you something more promissing however.

quote: "....There is however a waiting list for the next course..."

Either 'sales talk' or there must be a waiting list for desperate and unfortunate wannabees.

During the last meeting the yabancis were told that some have to leave, either during the summer season or after their initial contract. So, please; do yourself a favour by not having any illusions that Pegasus will need you but your money.

lgt
28th Apr 2006, 22:30
Have they ever rejected anybody to do the TR and then Line Training with them because of any reason? Or does everybody who apply get admited?

diverine
29th Apr 2006, 09:05
I will try to explain why all this is happening at Pegasus. At least that's what I came up with :8!
MNG (Cargo) Airlines ceased their passanger operations last Jan. They used to fly B737's. Following that the MNG pilots got hired by Pegasus. As you can figure out Pega currently filled their quota for the summer season.
Now they are fishing for the fall season, because they fear that a big number of their f/o's might transfer - again - to Turkish Airlines in the upcoming months.
For those who are not familiar with the Turkish Aviation, Turkish airlines have been growing rapidly for the past couple of years - especially this year. By August '06 they will have a total of 100+ A/C and not nearly the number of flight crew to fly them.
Btw. Turkish Airlines only hires Turkish nationals...
Pegasus used to sponsor F/O's B737 type ratings in the past (like all other Charter Airlines) with a 3 year, $18,000 bond. Don't forget this agreement is valid for Turkish nationals. -- I don't believe they sign 3 year agreements with foreigners.--
Anyway, more than 50+ f/o's left Pegasus for Turkish Airlines last year. And some of the f/o's still face legal issues due to this past agreement.
The moral of the story is that Pegasus is sick of pilots leaving the company after sponsoring type-ratings. Now, they started with this training b.s! I still think it's wrong and I will try to explain the situation further...
It's the same story with AtlasJet, Onur Air and others at the moment. Last month approx. 50+ f/o's left Atlasjet & Onur for TK. And the private companies went to the government to freeze the transfers. And the talks are still ongoing.
The next quesiton is, why do the Turkish F/O's transfer to Turkish Airlines?
- 1.5 to 2x the monthly salary + overtime (I believe over 75h/month)
- 4 bonuses a year.
- Not a charter airline, more time at home...
- Owned by the government, more secure...
So, what should the charter airlines do to stop these transfers?
- Increase the pay! - that's the most important step...
- No one wants to fly 100+ hours for 8+ months.
- No one wants to be based overseas (Iran, Saudi Arabia, Dubai etc.) for months in Winter.
For a foreigner flying in Turkey, people usually use the charters for time building and take off once they reach the hours. So, the charters end up a high end flight school for low houred pilots. And the charter airlines end up being in a training phase year around. And that's exactly what Pegasus is doing at the moment!
To stop this, value your flight crew, treat them with respect, pay more money to your pilots - and no one will leave every other month! :ok:
That was my $.02

not even peanuts
29th Apr 2006, 13:27
well said Diverine,

And to quote you: '....To stop this, value your flight crew, treat them with respect, pay more money to your pilots - and no one will leave every other month!..', is exactly what Pegasus should do.

Needless to say, many -if not all- yabancis are looking for jobs elsewhere. It would be insane if they wouldn't. Pegasus owns this to itself.

DC-8
4th May 2006, 20:32
Hi!

I'd like to speak to any Pegasus pilot. PM me if you want.

Thanks!

not even peanuts
8th Aug 2006, 17:29
I noticed there may be new classes starting at Pegasus.

Please do yourself a favor and consider that it will take 6+ months to complete your first 200 hours with a high risk of having to leave the company without any warning or valid reason. This happened to several guys and it will happen again.
Looks like history is repeating itself year after year.

Many guys leaving to Ryan after 200 hrs or after their contracts by the way.

DC-8
8th Aug 2006, 22:31
Does anybody know when is the next course starting?
Pegasus told me it wouldn't be before September, but nothing more.
Thanks!

wilderbeest
9th Aug 2006, 15:32
İm working at pegasus now and the flying is great. The lifestyle doesnt suit everyone and there could be a delay in course times, however there are not going to be as many people trainning all at once this time round. My advice is to contact the company direct and ask. Also there will be people who dont come up to scratch and therefore wont be invited to stay; İts a business not a charity for under achievers

not even peanuts
11th Aug 2006, 07:27
In order to balance the story a little bit, I do like to mention that indeed the flying can be pleasant although this will vary per flight as with any other company. I certainly had my share.
And,
If you don't mind the captains/crew are smoking heavily in the cockpit which happens about at least 50% of the time and if you don't mind staying out of the loop when the cpt. speaks Turkish (including briefings) with dispatch/crew/controllers which happens during every flight now and then. Then, go-ahead.

The one thing I don't like about this program is that they tell you that you will fly 90-100 hrs a month. They keep you off the roster as much as they can during your initial 200hrs, resulting in 1 flight every 1-2 weeks. If you can stay after 200 hrs, only then they will max you out.
And if you open your mouth, you will be one of the first to leave the company.

A business? It certainly is for Pegasus. A fair one?; No.

ant1
12th Aug 2006, 16:09
Thanks for sharing your experience not even peanuts :ok:

How many hours/month do those 1 flight every 1-2 weeks equate to?

Thanks

not even peanuts
12th Aug 2006, 18:26
It took me and my mates 6 months to complete 200 hours. One month I flew as few as 10 hours and another month as much as 40 hours.

ant1
13th Aug 2006, 17:53
Thanks again nep. Those 6 months idling would :ouch: my economy big time.

not even peanuts
15th Aug 2006, 08:35
@ jstflyin; What happens after 200 hrs depents if you have a contract or not. But, even with a contract changes are you will be kicked out (even overnight).
There's no deal with Ryan. People who went there completely did this on their own but you will still need 100 hrs on type minimum.
TR+base+200 hrs €32500

Duration of the TR+ base training including paperwork etc roughly 2 months followed by approximately 6 months linetraining (200 hrs).

not even peanuts
15th Aug 2006, 21:31
It is certainly true that it had been stated in the contract that when one doesn't meet the standards, he/she has to leave the company.
However, even before the first person was kicked out, it was already determinded by the management that a certain amount of newbies had to leave. Logically, they took out some troublemakers first and perhaps some persons who -for whatever reasons- were 'underachieving'. Remember, all 30 persons had their employment contracts before starting training.

That having said, my greatest concern is that Pegasus management told/write the group that linetraining would take an x amount of time but in reality it took much, much longer. Resulting in monetary problems with a lot of the guys and most of all, loss of income for everyone. Imagine that your montly income would be around €2500,- and that your linetraining would take 4 months extra; that means a loss of income of €10.000,- Some guys grouped together and others wrote on their individual behalf a letter to PGS management to inquire about the duration of the linetraining. Pegasus systematically denied that there have been any promises or gentlemens agreement in the past regarding the duration of linetraining. For me this fact had been a serious breach of mutual thrust...But anyway, some nationalities where receiving funds from their homecountry so it didn't hurt that much.

Another issue that was not appreciated by a small group is that Pegasus changed the employment contracts. The interesting part was a salary increase but this only would take effect after the initial employment contract while the 'notice period' to leave the company was increased from 1 to 3 months. Now tell me, does this make sense? It is a well known fact that only a handfull of people are allowed to stay after the initial contract which ends at the 31st of october this year.

wilderbeest
16th Aug 2006, 11:23
İts all very well complaining about the time it took for the initial hours, but you cant fly hours that arent there. there was a vast reduction in travellers to Turkey this year and as a result the number of flights was less; and once again İ must state Pegasus is a business. Presictions for trainning times are just that PREDİCTİONS! there will be a number of variables that will change in any period be it the time it takes the government to ıssue permits or trainnees taking 60, 80, or over 100 hours to get released. which in turn can put a backlog in the system. Finally to put this to bed read your contract there was nothing in there about times etc. İf you signed it you should have read it and at the end of the day delays included ıt was still in my opinion the best deal by far.

tali
19th Aug 2006, 09:51
I have sent an email to pegasus for more information, I have read on the forum pilots have done 200h but now in the webpage there offer only TR and 100h, did they change it??

thanks

bafok
31st Aug 2006, 12:25
good afternoon everybody,I am not new in the forum but this is my first post.Replying to tali..yes they changed and not only the the hours for the line training but even the price that now is 30500€ plus 500€(uniform and manual).A friend of mine told me it was 28500€.Anyway does anybody know if the line check is included?.thanks in advance mate:ok:

PicMas
4th Sep 2006, 09:00
I like how you talk about "achieving" and "under achievers". I would argue that anybody paying to work effectively labels himself an underachiever. If you have a lack of faith in your own skills or worth it may be an option to pay for an opportunity, otherwise why would you?? Is money going out of fashion??

I bet the majority of the posters here will likely post about unsatisfactory t & c later on.

ramon76
18th Oct 2006, 15:55
I have an assesment within 12 days with Pegasus!
Any comments about the assesment day?
Do you get paid at all during the line training?
any more people in the same situation, or with feedback please contact me via PM or in this tthread. Thanks!
Ramon

dankersoe
19th Oct 2006, 08:33
They are starting assessment for their course to start Nov 6.
I was invited to take the tests late this month.

Info from Pegasus:

After the interview there is a SIM check (assessment) It's in Istanbul It's free and we pay for the transportation and 1 night at the hotel.

estimated times:

Nov 6 it starts with groundschool for 3 weeks SIM for 3 weeks Company conversion groundschool almost 2 weeks etc.

For line trn:

It differs. It's up to you and the season. If you are successful you finish it early. If it is the high season you may fly more and finish faster. It may be 2-3-4 months I can inform you that the costs involved in participating in our course are approximately as follows (cost may change at the time of training due to the rise in fuel costs):

Type Rating Training Course (Groundschool, Simulator, Base Training): 22,500 Euro First 100 hours line training: 8000 Euro Totals 30,500 Euro Any hours thereafter: 50 Euro per hour

I must remind you that there may be additional expenses up to 500 Euro for headsets, manuals and uniform

Good luck to everyone going to Turkey ;)

ramon76
19th Oct 2006, 17:08
Thanks Dankershoe!
I knew that bit.....

Anyone knows how is the 737 sim assesment? and interview? and psicomotor tests?

just that.... and well, any more info will be wellcome!!

thanks, and see you in Istambul within 12 days!!! ???

ae757
19th Oct 2006, 19:02
Hi fellows¡¡¡

I´ve just receive an e-mail from Pegasus requiring me to confirm if I would attend the TR assesment ASAP.
Just I´m curious why so urgently because a month ago i was at the hold ing pool,Nr 271:confused: .
What´s going on with them?

Regards to all

ramon76
19th Oct 2006, 21:37
holding pool for what?? to do the assesmet?? mmhhh...
things must have changed.... in on month?
I guess lots of people back up when the time comes to put the money down...

Jannik23
20th Oct 2006, 07:11
Hello

I have spoken to a few danish pilots down there myself - I think the reason the waitinglist for the course has been long is that the last course Pegasus held is almost a year ago - people have taken their typerating elsewhere since because Pegasus couldnt give en estimate when the next course would be. A LOT went to berlin (and alot of them still dont have jobs)
This is the first time there are assesements (I´ve been told) the reason for that is that they had to kick some weirdos off the course last yr - so now they wanna see if we fit in their envoirement (as all other airlines do too)

Assesement consists of
Interview
Psychomotor/metric test
Simride

Thats all I know

Im going my self

Jannik

philipB737NG
27th Oct 2006, 09:02
I have been following this post item for months, and flying myself for Pegasus (for some more weeks), it is time to write...
Jannick, your mentioning of "weirdo's" is not a very fair one, come to Turkey, try to live and work there, especially at Pegasus, and you might find yourself a weirdo as well after some time. So do not blame the guys from the last course...at least not everybody of them.

About Pegasus, I will try to speak honnest. The type rating training is not the best you can find, but Pegasus is learning as well, so next courses might be better and more professional.
Like "not even peanuts" mentioned before, it is business for Pegasus. For myself, they have sticked to the contact, however they have indeed kicked out people after 200 hours who already signed the employment contract. Pegasus told them the reason was "not achieving the pgs standard", for some of them this may be correct but the main reason is that pgs had too many pilots for the low touristic season in 2006.
So I still agree joining the tr course and line training program at pgs might be a good decision, BUT be aware that you might end up with alot of hope to fly at least 500 hours on the B737 (which you might need to be succesful in applications at other companies except Ryanair and Easyjet) and eventually be kicked out after 200 hours....or even before that.
Personally a friend of mine ended up like this, having spent 32500 euros to pgs for tr course and 200 hours line training, not having earned 1 eurocent during the indeed very long time (6 months or more) it took to gather the 200 hours (pgs estimated the line training time to max 3 months) and after 200 hours he was not issued the employment contract. He is now jobless and waiting for easyjet and ryanair which can take a long time due to the high number of candidates. In the meantime his B737/300-900 rating is almost expiring....
So make up your mind and filter the news from the above posts... there is mostly thruth in it. Pegasus keeps it promises mostly, for some pilots it turned out well, for others it became a professional and financial nightmare, and the reason was not always "not achieving the pegasus standards". For me it turned out well, I got the employment contract after the training contract, but after a long time of not knowing any decision, my contract gets bot extended for another year. Some pilots got it, others like me did not, however I am lucky to have signed a contract with another company in my own country, so it turned out well for me, but it could have been very bad as well...
If you are desperate to get a first jet job and your financial situation allows it, pgs might be a good choice. If your financial situation is already not so colourful, be very aware....

Happy landings

ramon76
27th Oct 2006, 09:11
That was the best post ever about Pegasus, thanks Phillip!!
I finally turned down the Pegasus chance....
lot of money for 100 hours... and I can´t go and junp to the water without being sure I could get a contract....

I wish the best for the new entrants! you have been brave enought to choose.....

At the same time I am sad because I might have turned down the chance of my life....

Jannik23
27th Oct 2006, 09:15
Hi Philip737NG

I was not my intention to hurt anybody and I apologize if that was the case - the word "weirdo" was passed on by one working for PGS who was on the same course as them - I do not know these people only pass on information from a person within PGS. But again I apologize and think PGS is a good choice -

Jannik

philipB737NG
27th Oct 2006, 09:31
Jannick, apologies accepted:)
Ramon, I did not want to turn down your dream. I have made the decision as well to join the pgs scheme. However I wanted to give an honnest opinion without being bitter at pegasus, this helps nobody. If you need jet hours and you can afford it, go for it...but do not rely on any number of flight hours they promise you, date of your first salary and very important the employment contract after the training contract, and especially the last (no guarantee of employment contract to fly at least more than 200 hours to be valuable on the job market) is what would make ME to decide now not to take that risk anymore...
But once again, it is a free world, filter the above posts and get the useful info out. I try to give an honnest opinion and I have been there for one year....
Good luck to all of you

Happy landings

DC-8
21st May 2007, 20:19
Hi mates!

Next 29th of May I'll be going to Turkey to perform some screening tests for the B737 TR program. Pegasus told me I would have to do an interview, and then a motor test and sim test. Could somebody tell me what should I expect in the sim assessment (B738)? Finally, what do they ask you to do at the motor test?

Thanks in advance!

DC-8

europaexpress
22nd May 2007, 23:33
To DC-8

Best of luck with your screening in Turkey.
From people inside PGS, I have heard that they will need a lot of pilots for the summer months.
Unfortunately you will be too late to catch that wave, but I don't think that PGS is the worst place to start your career.

I was in AYT until 31st October 2006.
Indeed it was frustrating from time to time, but I think the training and the flying we got was ok.
You will fly a lot of VOR, NDB and visual app's in difficult terrain etc. Great fun and a lot of challenge to your flying skills.

Some got kicked out during the linetraining, but to my knowledge these guys did not perform well. Thats what I heard from training captains and safety pilots.
These guys should never have been on that course. A screening would have prevented that, and it looks like they found out in Istanbul as well.
I feel sorry for those who spend a lot of money and now got another 30000 EUR to pay the bank, but some sense of reality would help before handing in the check...

For me it turned out to be the right decision and I know that it has been for many others.
Give it a shot and hopefully you will get some Boeing hours and a good start on your career as an airline pilot.
I can't give you any hints for the tests since we did'nt have it when I was there.
Have fun in sunturk/speedhorse/speedturk or whatever they call them selves...:ugh:

Jannik23
23rd May 2007, 11:19
Hi DC-8

Im with PGS now - started typerating in Jan. 07 and have 150 hrs on type now (in just 5 weeks) I can highly recommend it.
The screening is not a problem at all - its a written psycho test with about 250 questions (no time limit) and a 5-10 min interview and a simtest.

the simtest it just to see general handling of a/c and 2 visual approaches - no SIDS, STARS or anything.

if you have further questions feel free to pm me on [email protected]

Jannik

DC-8
23rd May 2007, 22:37
Many thanks for your replies Jannik23 and europaexpress!

Is anybody else going to the assessment this week?

DC-8

zakka
25th May 2007, 11:47
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE:eek:

What is wrong with all you people! You make it sound like paying to work is the best way to "boost" your career. By doing this you are destroying the aviation industry. How are other companies supposed to compete with an "airline" like Pegasus when they have pilots paying to go to work.
Please stop supporting these lousy, crappy organizations who just want your money.

I am shocked about the way you all talk about it. You make it sound like it's the most normal thing to do.

Please get back to reality and stop undermining our industry:=

Jannik23
3rd Jun 2007, 12:32
I am shocked about the way you all talk about it. You make it sound like it's the most normal thing to do.
Im afraid it has become close to normal - judging from your age it could seem like you have had a job for yrs and have no problems finding a job with thousands of hrs in the book - correct me if im wrong
Jannik

wilderbeest
3rd Jun 2007, 12:45
YET AGAIN LIKE A DOG CHASING ITS TAIL WE COME BACK TO THE ARGUMENT OF WHETHER OR NOT PEOPLE SHOULD PAY FOR TYPE RATINGS. i WAS OF THE VIEW THAT PEOPLE SHOULDNT FOR ALL THE REASONS THAT HAVE BEEN STATED A MILLION TIMES BEFORE. AND WHILE I WAS WORKING AS AN INSTRUCTOR WITH MORE MONEY GOING OUT THAN COMING IN EVERYONE ELSE WAS SEEING SENSE AND BUYING IN TO THE INDUSTRY. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I DIDNT BUY A TYPE RATING SOONER AND SAVE MY SELF A FEW YEARS IN LOST EARNINGS. i AGREE THAT IN A EUTOPIAN SOCIETY WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR A RATING BUT THATS JUST THE WORLD WE LIVE IN; SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND STOP TELLING EVERYONE HOW TO SPEND THEIR MONEY.:=

AS USUAL PLEASE FORGIVE THE SPELLING PUNCTUATION ETC.

portsharbourflyer
4th Jun 2007, 11:27
Well I am not necessarily against people buying ratings, but the group whom I do feel sorry for are the Turkish pilots (by the way I am not not Turkish), who are struggling to find jobs because "overseas" pilots are paying to fly with their local airlines. I doubt some of these Danish pilots would be quite supportive of of SSTR if it was Turkish pilots paying to fly on Danish airlines and were finding themselves priced out of the market.
I guess that is the true price of a freemarket economy (by the way I am instructor who is currently "fogged" in with weather so I have nothing better to do at the moment than waste time on pprune in the clubhouse).

In truth /I guess the JAR system is really the problem, allowing the modular / self improver route to hold a full CPL at 200 hours (also I am modular myself). I am not sure how the national licensing system worked in other European states, but the UK CAA self improver system meant everyone who didn't attend an integrated course had to obtain 700 hours to get a full CPL, hence most people had to instruct, para drop or something on a BCPL. Imagine if Ryanair had to wait for all the 200 hour Second Offcers it employed on SSTR scheme to obtain 700 hours through some other route, they would be forced to offer training bonds to attract candidates. I admit 500 hours of vfr hour building is irrelevant to flying an airliner, but at least the old system created a buffer in the system. So really it is the JAA system that has propagated the SSTR culture.

zakka
4th Jun 2007, 12:03
judging from your age it could seem like you have had a job for yrs and have no problems finding a job with thousands of hrs in the book - correct me if im wrong

I finished My CPL 7 years ago. Did some years of instructing. Thereafter I worked non-flying jobs for 1.5 years. I then got into some corporate flying and slowly working my way up the ladder.
I would just like to see newly graduates at least TRY to find another job before paying to work. And where does it stop? I thought the industry went wrong when people started buying typeratings. Then people started paying for 100 hrs linetraining, then 200 hrs, and now some people even buy 500 hrs linetraining:eek: How far are you people willing to go to fly a 737 (One of the most boring airplanes - too many of them).????? Are you ready to pay for your own upgrade to command, pay for another typerating when your company needs you on another type, pay for your own transport when your flight originates elsewhere than your normal base, pay for uniform, pay for license renewals and OPC etc etc???? All this will happen if you don't start changing your attitude a bit. I know it can be very frustrating being unemployed, but please have a little patience!!!

ant1
4th Jun 2007, 22:22
Be the change (http://www.positivepath.net/ideasMA11.asp) you want to see in the aviation indiustry.
:ok:

Jannik23
7th Jun 2007, 06:34
Hi ZAKKA
I had 3 yrs of patience until I realised that the bank still wanted their money back even if I did not have a flying job - so I decided that something had to happen - in those 3 ýears all I could get was 60 hrs of aerial photography - so watching guys straight from school getting jobs with a typerating I decided to go for it as well -
Where I come from GA is dead and no one will hire you if you have 250 hrs and no rating - and hard to get hrs without a job - I COULD pay for the hrs myself by why should I - I have to pay oor my own rating later anyway - so went straight for the rating - never had intentions of becoming an instructor ( think instructors should be people who WANT to instruct not just to build hrs quickly)
Before 9/11 when everything was good you more or less just needed 700-1000 hrs to get a job - no longer - Airlines prefer a guy with 250 hrs and typerating over a guy with 800 hrs and no typerating -
I did my rating and not surprised I had 2 jobinterview-offers 6 weeks after I got my rating -
Im sorry to tell you but the industry seems to have changed to the fact that you no longer just need to pay for your Frozen ATPL - but also your rating. Hopefully it will change - but im not spending more years waiting for it to happen already spent 3 yrs.
happy flying
Jannik

Pstatic
9th Jun 2007, 14:25
Heya

I definately see your point. Waiting 3 years is enough.
So how is it going for you danish guys at pegasus?! What are your prospects when the charter season ends, going to ryan or what?!
regards
pstatic

Warlock1
8th Jan 2008, 10:10
Does anyone have any update as to when the next LT is starting? Any feedback wrt what 'Pegasus standarts' are?
thx

trncrd
8th Jan 2008, 11:33
The nearest date for the Line Trn is 21st of Jan.

daf
16th Jan 2008, 21:40
Anybody knows when the next course for PGS is starting?

I was told it would be either February or March. Anyone with more details?

And how many are going?

Thanks

D

trncrd
17th Jan 2008, 06:29
Yes I have also been informed that the next course will be in Feb or March.

daf
17th Jan 2008, 06:52
Are you considering taking the course or are you signed up and read to go.....??

have you been to the asessment? And do you know what it consists of? Where can I find more info about the company?

trncrd
17th Jan 2008, 07:14
You can check their site www.flypgs.com or send your CV to [email protected]. They send you detailed info about the course and prices. Then you are automatically on their list to contact you for their next course.
I have heard from former pilots (also in the forum) that at the assessment they check your basic flying skills, not with failures etc.

daf
17th Jan 2008, 10:48
trncrd are you also going??

trncrd
17th Jan 2008, 10:52
I may not be able to attend the courses at those dates maybe near summer.

CPAM00
19th Jan 2008, 12:35
What are Pegasus' minimums for applying?

zakka
21st Jan 2008, 16:43
What are Pegasus' minimums for applying?

That you pay them enough money!!!

trncrd
22nd Jan 2008, 13:02
from the reply I have got: valid JAA license (CPL/IR), valid medical and passport, Frozen ATPL

trncrd
23rd Jan 2008, 13:52
They have contacted a friend of mine:
The new course will be on Feb 11th, and the prices are more reasonable....
For your info ;)

daf
23rd Jan 2008, 14:46
I have also heard that it will be the 11. will someone join it? I will go there the 31 of jan. for assesment. But it is not long time in advance they give us.

trncrd
23rd Jan 2008, 14:54
I wish you luck for your assessment
after your visit inform us about your opinions so we can plan too
Yes it is short notice but everything changes so fast in aviation and since they are a charter company at the same time their schedule changes all the time
That's why they decide to open a course all of a sudden
I have a friend who used to fly for them
He says they called him suddenly too
He wasnt expecting it, i guess its just luck;)

daf
26th Jan 2008, 07:40
trncrd

This friend? SO he did fly for them and they called him in for the summer or what?

He doesn't have another job now?

What does he say about PGS? Does he like it or what?

Hi DC-8.

Im going very soon to a screening in Ístanul for Pegasus.

Can you tell me a little about how the tests are? I was told that there is an assesment, interview and english exam....

Thanks

DAF

DC-8
27th Jan 2008, 19:39
Hi daf!

The screening process is quite easy. I had 2 English exams (computer based and written test, the last one with some aeronautical questions as well), English interview with the Training Manager (5 mins. aprox, very easy going), personality test and sim assesment. The sim. was also very easy. The instructor helped me a lot with everything. I had a visual traffic pattern, some step turns (60º) and visual landing (15 mins).

Good luck!

trncrd
28th Jan 2008, 11:29
My friend worked for them. He is now employed in Europe.
He was happy but his contract ended at the end of summer season.
He says the assessment is not something we should worry about like DC-8 says. If you are good enough, honest and sincere in your attitude you can be selected.
Good luck,

diamond1
4th Feb 2008, 11:54
Hi guys/gals is anyone on the TR course on the 11th Feb?? Im looking into it now, are there any hidden charges? Whats the quality of living like? Anybody who has trained there and/or done some line hours id be keen to hear from you.

daf
8th Feb 2008, 20:33
yes im back. I passed the screening and are going to start on monday.

I have alot to do now. Pack my stuff and fix alot of things. Thats why havent answered until now.

I know 3 people who went last year. They liked it. I am not expecting it to be easy, so i can be positively surprised... We are 4 guys to do the course.

Will take around 6 weeks as far as i know. Will keep u posted on how it is. Are going to stay at SAS radisson hotel during the course with a guy from Rome and we will have dun i think.

It is alot of money, but a kickoff to the carrier.

i signed up for 200 linetraining hours, and will hope to finish them in june. Hope they need me for the rest of the summer also. Other companys might need me aftewards then. I hope.

Daniel

IRISHPILOT
8th Feb 2008, 21:51
daf,

I was with PGS many years ago as a contractor. there were many people going through the same programme as you and some through Eaglejet.

A course started mid February will end at the end of March. If your CAA is as quick as mine, it will take approx. 3 days to hold your licence endorsement in hands. Add the days needed for the auxillary courses, and it is mid May. You will then be rostered from the start of the next roster, which begins on the 1st of June. Depending on instructor availability, you will be flying between 40 and 65 hours per month. You will be let go when the high season is over all over Europe.

If you signed up for 200 hours of line training, this is not what you will get (that's not a bad thing): much over 100 hours of line training is pretty much unheard of and unlikely to be necessary. So you will be doing more hours after that for the last month or so, up to 105 or so under Turkish regulations, if I remember correctly.

Good points: nice people, good quality of instructing if you put in the effort. Excellent sim. They will let you copy as much software as you want: CBT for classic and NG, Jeppview, etc. Very varied flying in well maintained aircraft, possibly based in Algeria or Jeddah. Possibly AYT or IST too, I was in Algeria.

Istanbul is an amazingly beautiful city, lots to do and see. Nice hotel. Make the most out of it and have fun!

cheers IP

PS: this is many years ago, things may have changed since then.

daf
9th Feb 2008, 11:55
The groundcourse is scheduled to last almost a month starting on monday. Then we will go in sim. Dont know where it is going to be.

I hope to be placed in Antalya, but other base is in Istanbul. Not bad. Im not hoping for the summer contract, but it would be nice. They seem very friendly and I know other people who did the course last year. They were all offered summercontracts. We are only 4 on this course. So I hope it will be to my advantage.

The working permit and all, will be handelded by PGS in the begining of the course. And we will be rated on either NG or CL. And then diff. for either CL or NG. It will be a good experience. I am hoping by being myself and being open, that they will like me and vice versa. Dont know when they will start the next course.

D

SeattlePilot
11th Feb 2008, 09:01
PGS doesn't do Algeria anymore. The planes will be busy flying from/to Turkish destinations in the summer time. I am sure you guys won't last until the end of the summer season (you will get many hours during the summer time).
I think they will need you this summer. Lots of guys are interviewing with TK this week and next. You should expect to fly a lot because mostly F/Os are going to quit soon if they get hired by TK soon.
To give you an idea one of the most senior F/Os has a hire date of jan 2005 ish..

Get in , fly , get out. works for both parties..

daf
1st Mar 2008, 20:59
I am now in the middle of the TR. Everything is goign well and I am positivly surprised about PGS. Hope to fly alot this season with them. They promised us a contract if we will be above the standard. Just have to move on if they wont offer us the contract. It is not the end of the world... Nice guys and good athmosfere that is what I have experienced until now. Been here since the 10th of feb. Going to Amsterdam CAE to do the SIM in a weeks time.

just_another_pilot
5th Mar 2008, 08:41
Hi everyone..

I am invited to the assessment on the 16th, heard there would be someone else flying out from stansted..

whatI noticed was that there was like 6 months of no posts on this thread..

is that coz they were not doing the TR or..??..

any update regarding the assessment would be :ok:.

and if anyone is going out also on the 16th.. let us know..

IRISHPILOT
5th Mar 2008, 09:22
JAP,

where did you look?! there are over 20 replies on this post during the last 6 months, including some informative ones.

Good luck with the assessment, which is really hard to fail if you have the money. Enjoy Istanbul! IP

just_another_pilot
5th Mar 2008, 19:11
Its just that there is a big gap between june 07 and jan 08...

Thanx alot..

Are u doing the TR now by any chance??

Pilot Positive
14th Mar 2008, 19:01
Does anybody know of or who have themselves completed their contracted number of hours with Pegasus and gone on to work for another airline??? Any contacts will be helpful...

Also: What has been the usual number of hours for completion of line training? What kind of sign off and follow up report can you expect?

Thanks for any useful info :ok:

EpsilonVaz
27th May 2008, 22:51
Does anyone have any new info about Pegasus?

Do people get employed with other airlines after their TR+line training if they don't get a summer contract?

Thanks

Cap Loko
28th May 2008, 07:58
Yes that happens but realize that it is very difficult to find something with just 200 hours on type, especially if you are low on TT. Timing is crucial.

Norrington
28th May 2008, 08:35
True.. timing is crucial if you want a summer contract. If you start now for example, you will be completed in September, October.
2 month for the TR, 2-3 month for 200h LT.

EpsilonVaz
28th May 2008, 15:46
Thanks for your replies.

I am just wondering if there are any guys out there who have gone through this training with the 200 line hours, then come out and have found/not been able to find a job.

Thanks

Cap Loko
28th May 2008, 16:15
Hey EpsilonVaz,

I finished in may (so just before the summer season) 2006 with 200 hrs. At that time, i had 3 concrete job offers (that means a start date):
One in Turkey, another one in Asia and one in Europe (temp contract). At the end I started neither of them due to other considerations.

It took our group at 4-5 months to complete 200 hrs due to lost contracts with tour operators. At least, thats what Pegasus told us.

Just make sure you have a plan B and realise it will be a harder to find something later in the year.

EpsilonVaz
2nd Jun 2008, 20:17
Could anyone advise me as to what the Pegasus F/O pay is?

trncrd
27th Jun 2008, 13:04
I saw in google that Pegasus made a good deal for line training: They r offering 300 hrs for 13000€ including difference!
Pegasus Flight Academy | News Detail (http://www.pegasusflightacademy.com/en/flypgsflightacademy.news.detail.asp?ID=74)

Too bad that it is only for line trn I do not have the type yet :(
Im still trying to earn money to get type rating... glad though that daf was happy with the training, good reference 4 us guys...

daf
29th Jun 2008, 06:54
Latest update:

I now have finished training with PGS, and have a a summer contract with them. Ending in late october.

We started linetraining in istanbul, and then around 50 hours, we moved to Antalya. Wich means more and faster to get the hours. In 2 month i have gotten almost 200 hours. I am counting on around 500 hours in october. Then the world should be alittle bit more open.

Flying in Istanbul is exciting as well as Antalya. 2 different things. istanbul you also get small legs. (30-40 mins) x 4-5. Good experience in preparing an approach.
In Antalya 95% of all flying is 3 hours or more.

I really like the procedures and the SOP is working well. The basic of the SOP is actually from a BIG irish company. That used to own Pegasus in the begining as i understand it. Wich means it is some good procedures.

skywalker79
9th Jul 2008, 13:58
Hi guys,
They called me for the assessment on 13th July, and the course starts on 14th...Any idea of why they give a so short-time advice? Probably if I'll be successful, I'll finith TR and 200Hrs in October/November and will be difficult to get a seasonal contract. Don't you think so? Any suggestion? Thank's guys, best luck!

Cap Loko
10th Jul 2008, 17:11
In contrary to what I wrote above, it took our group 6 months to complete 200 hours (just checked my logbook). We started flying by the end of november / beginning december.
I hope things have improved by now. By reading daf's post, things look better in that respect these days, I wish I could have flown 200 hrs in 2 months.
Nevertheless check out guys who finished last year around october, how long it took them to make their hours. Like i wrote before, the time of year can make a whole lot of difference.

cougarfly
13th Aug 2008, 17:14
Hi guys...
I had an answer from flypgs academy and they told me another course is going to commence in mid september. I would know how many courses do they schedule per year.
Any info would be appreciated....

pajyg
28th Mar 2009, 15:13
And so ???

What about this program at the present time ?

A friend of mine is looking for a line training on 737 EFIS or NG... (with JAR licence)
If someone knows where it's possible .....

Thanks !!

DC-8
29th Mar 2009, 06:05
As far as I know Type Rating + Line Training programs are still ongoing. Check their website for more info. Pegasus E?itim Akademisi - Pegasus Flight Academy (http://www.pegasusflightacademy.com/)

flyjoma
29th Mar 2009, 13:35
And does anyone know the costs of such a training?

Avyator
29th Mar 2009, 14:00
TR+Line costs about 26500 euro.

flyjoma
3rd Apr 2009, 12:41
Thanks to Avyator for answering...

FrankAbagnale
25th Apr 2009, 12:49
Turkish DGCA wants all foreign pilots to have min 500 hrs before they start Type Rating Training or employment with any Turkish Airline.
:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

MAGAGGIARI
26th Apr 2009, 15:00
Frank
Are you sure?

FrankAbagnale
26th Apr 2009, 16:49
Surer than sure :cool:

Norrington
30th Apr 2009, 23:31
There is a lot of rumours, someone told me you are still able to do the program but you need a safety pilot during the hole line training up to 500 hrs. If it's true it will probably not stop the training, only raise the price.

Can you confirm 500hrs total time OR on type for employment?

Fulcrum77
1st May 2009, 07:48
Hello guys!

Please, don't you now any person or email address where you can try to apply for a FO position even if they do not advertise?
I'm type-rated with roughly 1600 hours on type.

Thanks in advance

FrankAbagnale
3rd May 2009, 11:13
Fulcrum -- go try an agency
and the rest --
The 500 hours total time is a condition for FOREIGN pilots to give TURKISH pilot equal chance of employment. 500 hours are total time not TIME ON TYPE. The statement said 'NO FOREIGN PILOT SHALL BE IN THE RIGHT HAND SEAT UNLESS THE PERSON HAS 500 HRS TOTAL TIME'. It has nothing to do with Line Training or safety pilot shizzle.

sunturk1
3rd May 2009, 15:08
Hi.

The statement says '500hrs in multi-crew airplanes' not TT.
For people who know turkish this is the link to the page of the Turkish CAA.
http://www.shgm.gov.tr/doc3/YUYRUKLU.pdf

Grtz

2 stripes
3rd May 2009, 15:48
Do Pegasus take type rated people or do you have to train with them first?

fadedfootpaths
3rd May 2009, 18:13
2Stripes

As long as you are willing to pay, it doesnt matter whether you are type rated or not :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Good Luck:ok:

Mr GinoPino
3rd May 2009, 21:28
hey guys...unfortunately i do not speak Turkish...but i'd like to know if does this document says from when this rule will be applicable?! any starting date?! any information appreciated!

sunturk1
5th May 2009, 07:14
Applicable as from 14/04/2009

bradyyeager
5th May 2009, 14:15
This means that the people that had signed with the company before this date don´t have these requeriments???:rolleyes:

Good flights

sunturk1
5th May 2009, 18:48
People who started ground school before this date are unaffected.

MAGAGGIARI
5th May 2009, 19:38
this is truly amazing:=

corppilot74
8th May 2009, 07:44
The new reules are as fallowing:

To be employed with a turkish airline as a FO, the FO need to have 1500 total time and 500 hours on type. Will make it very hard for many TRTO that sells line training to pilots in Turkey.

Good for young turkish pilots.

sunturk1
8th May 2009, 08:24
Corppilot

Where did you get the information about the 1500TT? I didn't find any official document stating this.
The memo issued by the civil aviation only states 500 hours in multipilot airplanes
Let me know

Grtz

DC-8
8th May 2009, 17:08
sunturk1,

I saw the same information as corppilot74 about the 1500 hours TT in Pegasus Airlines jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Pegasus_Airlines)

However, if you read the Turkish DGCA memo you will see that 1500 hours multi crew is a requirement only for Captains, not for F/O's...

So probably the one who wrote this comment in www.ppjn.com (http://www.ppjn.com) is wrong...

Safe flights,

DC-8

corppilot74
8th May 2009, 22:45
sunturk 1,

if you are from turkey, then don't worry. They need turkish pilots.

good luck

sunturk1
9th May 2009, 01:02
Hey corppilot.

I am not worried. Luckily passed that phase long time ago. Just interested into what's going on.
I also think somebody got confused here with the requirements for captain. (1500hrs)
Still think the only requirement for foreign pilots is 500 multicrew

Regards

chrislikesblue
10th May 2009, 18:44
Are you sure about this Sunturk?Its not 500 hours on type?Do you have any copy of this memo or could tell us if it is published in any website?

sunturk1
10th May 2009, 23:36
Yes sure. The document is only in turkish. I posted the link a couple of days ago. It clearly says multipilot time nothing about 'on type'.

Grtz

chrislikesblue
11th May 2009, 10:19
That could help,thanks for the info.

Der_Fischmeister
11th May 2009, 15:02
where can you apply ..anyone has a website ling address?

Özcan
12th May 2009, 10:39
Where do they draw the "border" for what is considered foreign and whatnot?

I'm a Swedish resident since birth, i have a Turkish citizenship and i have finished the Turkish military conscript service issues. I'm currently finishing my ATPL-theory and aspire to move to Turkey and hopefully be able to make a living by flying there. Can this new regulation be disregarded from my situation or will i still have to fulfill the 500 hour-limit?

Is there any thread on here regarding aviation in Turkey generally?

Cheers :8

maestro82
18th Jun 2009, 13:37
yes you are
YABANCI
HAHAHAHAH

Rainbow72
2nd Jul 2009, 18:35
Hi guys, I have a question. Usually in the past the people who attended TRT course in PGS with a good result got a contract after 100 hrs of line training.
Now with this new law, for a pilot after the TRT is it possible again to obtain a contract? How PGS think to operate the new course? Think to extend line training period or offer flight hours package at low price in order to rich the minimum requirement?
Please, if someone have news, post it up.

Brian304
3rd Jul 2009, 12:23
Well if the new requirement are 500 hours, then i'm guessing they'll probably do a 200 hour course for the modular students who have 300 hours, or a 250 hour course for intergrated students who have finished with 250 hours. From what I know, the guys on the last courses who have finished the 100 hours have all been hired. Great staff and great airline, would highly reccommend them, though sometimes things are abit slow, but they catch time up pretty quick. The next intake probably won't be until october or november i'm guessing.

Good luck guys, apply early because seats inside this airline go pretty quick, the last course had about 11-12 students.

Rainbow72
4th Jul 2009, 07:39
I wish some guys close to the company as Sunturk1 answer to my previous post.
Do you know if PGS is planning to extend line training operations in order to rich the minimum requirements to offer a contract? or selling a packace of flight hours at low price?
I wish to know more about the company decision before to spend 30000 euros!

mio
7th Jul 2009, 11:13
Sorry guys but i didn't understand , finally to join in PGS and have a chance to obtain a job contract after TR+line training , you need to have 500 h multi crew or 500 h total time?

Rainbow72
8th Jul 2009, 10:13
Mio, last info is 500 hrs multi crew !!

Brian304
27th Aug 2009, 11:33
No technical questions as such. Just go in shake hands, talk a little bit about yourself, relax... then go for your simulator assessment. Pretty straight forward the whole process.:}

HighToLow
30th Aug 2009, 20:46
Does any one know why?

Damianik
2nd Sep 2009, 11:05
hello guys,
Italian 2500TT 2100 on B737800, can i apply to PGS for FO?
do you guys have a contact or any ideas how to do this?
Thanks
D

maestro82
27th Dec 2009, 20:24
***** ma tu seı matto forte!

Echo_Kilo
25th Feb 2010, 13:43
Hey Guys,

is there anyone who did the TR+Linetraining in 2009?
Any chance for some detailed information e.g duration of linetraining? How many F/O do they approx. need in the not to far future? Is there a waitlinglist?
Thanks for the help.
Email: [email protected]

best regards

SeattlePilot
26th Feb 2010, 22:18
Erkin,
why don't you just go and apply.. I have a problem with people paying boat load of money to the airlines so that they can play 'airline pilot'..

2 stripes
28th Feb 2010, 11:32
Just out of interest, how do you apply?:

LB777
17th Sep 2012, 09:14
is anyone know how to apply?

aloa326
17th Sep 2012, 10:05
Good Question

2 stripes
17th Sep 2012, 10:18
I thought the rules had been changed and they can't offer training anymore, perhaps someone else can comment