PDA

View Full Version : "English" car to Spain & FAO: Justbrowsing (Merged)

justbrowsing
12th Mar 2006, 17:29
Hi all,

I will be starting on a course at Flight Training Europe in April and have decided to take along my car. Found a very good deal on Portsmouth to Bilbo. And also have a spare seat if anyone needs a lift with a load of stuff.

I have so far tried 2 different insurance companies in Spain. One of the companies requires the driver to be over 28, and the other company will only insure cars on a Spanish reg. I have up to 30 days using my current provider when I actually get to Spain, but would like to sort everything out before I go.

Anyone out there know any good companies to use? Or if it is difficult to change the plate to a Spanish reg?

JB

scroggs
12th Mar 2006, 17:33
Talk to the AA or the RAC. This forum is about flying training.

Scroggs

moggiee
12th Mar 2006, 20:15
I personally would have thought that car arrnagements for Jerez qualified for discussion on this forum - clearly "Scroggs" doesn´t feel the same way.

I used to use Seviour Insurance form Benalmadena - http://www.seviour-insurance.com/ - found them to be very helpful. However, I AM over 30 years old! My cars were LHD UK reg, by the way.

My last policy out there was with Norwich Union Gibraltar - they may be worth a try. Norwich Union International Insurance Ltd, Regal House, Queensway, Tel 79520

Best of luck

<<edit: Without wishing to sound 'ratty' (which I know it most clearly will, and for that I apologise) but if Scroggs DID say that it wasn't a valid post - then it wasn't a valid post. Personal votes 'for' or 'against' don't enter into it.

As you can see, in the interests of less irrelevant clutter on the forum, I've merged the topics for you. BUT THAT'S ENOUGH.>>

scroggs
12th Mar 2006, 20:37
No, I'm sorry. This falls into the category of personal admin, which is not part of the remit of this forum. If it were an aside in a post about flying training I could just about accept it, but it is no more relevant here than a topic about what car you drive or which films you like; you can't post whatever you like here just because you're a Wannabe.

The topic will stay closed. If anyone has useful info, they can still PM Justbrowsing directly, but I would appreciate it if you would keep posts within the purpose of the forum.

Scroggs