PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada PTVs

ryansf
12th Mar 2006, 19:33
Hello,

I am flying on LHR-YYC Calgary on the 28th November, on an Airbus A330-300, and I was just wondering if the A330s will have the new PTVs on them by then. Does anybody know?

Many Thanks

Ryan

V800
12th Mar 2006, 21:23
Check the entertainment section on www.aircanada.com (http://www.aircanada.com)

I'm flying with them next week LHR-YOW on a 767 and it appears that most of the fleet have main screen only in economy and portable DVD players at the front. Only the two A340-500s have anything better.

manintheback
13th Mar 2006, 08:10
Even up front they still dont have personal entertainment systems on some(many?) of their aircraft. They hand out a personal DVD player after about 2 hours in the air and if you are some way down the queue for getting it, you wont get a film you want to see. Another reason I avoid them if at all possible.

CWL2YOW
14th Mar 2006, 17:50
Living in Ottawa, the only (direct) route back to the UK is the Air Canada service on the B767 - I have used this service a number of times and can concur that the 'entertainment' is limited to the mainscreen (in the back) and something a little more advanced up front. I came back to London on business last year and needed to get into the UK as soon as possible in the morning, so I took a flight via Toronto and was overjoyed to find out that this route uses an A330. Imagine my disappointment when a B767 was parked at the ramp. Fortunately, I was in the pointy end and had a choice of entertainment via the screen in the arm rest. If you are flying economy, prepare to be underwhelmed.

But on a positive note, my landlord is an AC pilot and he says that the fleet is undergoing a refurb while they are waiting for the B787s.