PDA

View Full Version : Milosevic Dead

Talk Wrench
11th Mar 2006, 18:30
Just heard that Milosevic has died in his cell at the Hague.

www.cnn.com

The world is a slightly better place.

Talk Wrench

Samuel
11th Mar 2006, 18:39
Did he have his hands tied behind his back before being shot?

Navaleye
11th Mar 2006, 19:00
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm pleased to see the back of someone responsible for so much pain for so many people.

qwertyuiop
11th Mar 2006, 19:17
Navaleye,
I agree, hopefully Blair will be next!:ok:

Rakshasa
11th Mar 2006, 19:24
Bugger. I was hoping he'd get his comeuppance first. Ah well, that'd have probably been a plush residential cell somewhere all too comfortable, so no great loss. :yuk:

MrBernoulli
11th Mar 2006, 19:58
Hoo - bloody - ray.

Min Drag
11th Mar 2006, 21:38
I agree, hopefully Blair will be next!

It's Brown not Blair you should worry about!:ok:

MarkD
11th Mar 2006, 23:04
personally I'm hoping for Mugabe next.

Pureteenlard
11th Mar 2006, 23:09
Of course this is not a good thing. Justice was not done and it leaves the way open for Serbian Nationalist conspiracy theorists to have a field day. Regrettably I think we have just seen the birth of a new Serbian nationalist martyr.

On the plus side our taxes will not be paying for his upkeep anymore . . .

MrBernoulli
12th Mar 2006, 13:44
MarkD

Unfortunately for Zim'bob'we there are way too many people willing to step straight into Mugabe's shoes when he does snuff it. These folk have a very real interest in perpetuating the 'system' started by this tin-pot dictator because they are all feeding from the trough.

Africa is a basket case and now it always will be. Quite why the rest of the world feels they can rescue the continent form poverty, AIDS etc is beyond me.

FJJP
12th Mar 2006, 14:21
Hoo-bloody-ray!

That will save someone a lot of money in keeping the monster in jail, not to mention removal of a focus for his supporters...

southside
12th Mar 2006, 14:26
Tragic....very sad news. My heart goes out to all the peole of Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo.

SlipperySlappery
13th Mar 2006, 18:10
Pureteenlard

Justice was not done

Oh you unbeliever. The fires will be burning hot for Slobo down there.

SS

Letsby Avenue
13th Mar 2006, 18:30
Innocent until proven guilty.... I thought his defence team were doing quite a good job - Perhaps too good........:uhoh:

Pureteenlard
13th Mar 2006, 23:01
Pureteenlard

Oh you unbeliever. The fires will be burning hot for Slobo down there.

SS

Perhaps I should have said "Justice was not seen to be done"? :hmm:

The Gorilla
13th Mar 2006, 23:44
I wonder if it was the same bloke who did the recent civil servant? Neat job..

dantura
14th Mar 2006, 15:43
Of course this is not a good thing. Justice was not done and it leaves the way open for Serbian Nationalist conspiracy theorists to have a field day. Regrettably I think we have just seen the birth of a new Serbian nationalist martyr.

Without wishing to defend the man or any alleged wrongdoings by him or his like, that was the job of Stephen Kay QC, but the term 'Serbian Nationalists' is a quite bizarre turn of phrase, and I think has been used far too often as a detrimental term. Surely every member, and especially the leaders, of any state is a nationalist, and I think rightly so! If TB wasn't a UK nationalist, would there not be an uproar? Are we not nationalist when the rugby is on? (well, some times!), or when we are at war, or arguing with johnny F.

Another point...

Has anyone in the last 10 years ever heard about the Serb mass graves? All we seem to hear about is the wrong doings of 1 side, not the other 2.
I am not defending anyone in particular here, but there were many atrocities by more than just 1 nation. As mentioned before...Innocent until proven guilty, it seems he had already been judged and sentenced.

D

Pureteenlard
14th Mar 2006, 18:08
Without wishing to defend the man or any alleged wrongdoings by him or his like, that was the job of Stephen Kay QC, but the term 'Serbian Nationalists' is a quite bizarre turn of phrase, and I think has been used far too often as a detrimental term.

OK it's shorthand. I think the term nationalist has become short for "believes in the superiority of his/her nation"

Don't think that arguing semantics helps though and I heard more than one russian voice on Radio4 claiming that Milosovic was either poisoned or refused medical treatment to hasten his end.

bayete
14th Mar 2006, 21:20
Don't know how to post Google Placemarks but apparently this is where it ended.
Google Earth 52° 6'39.17"N 4°18'2.41"E
Sorry bored.

pana
15th Mar 2006, 08:38
Pureteenland and Dantura,

The right word for that you want to express (nationalism in sense of believing in supremacy of one's nation or race tha others) is "chauvinist" or "chauvinism".

If you have knowledge about Balkans as you demonstrated the knowledge of words of foreign origin in English...and you obviously have, so bad for Balkans.

"Once, my name was "rollroll" and all my posts were deleted by moderator. I have been told that I'm collateral damage...":hmm:

dantura
15th Mar 2006, 11:37
Pureteenland and Dantura,

If you have knowledge about Balkans as you demonstrated the knowledge of words of foreign origin in English...and you obviously have, so bad for Balkans.

The only knowledge I have of the Balkans is 5 tours, 1 UNProfor, 2 Ifor, 2Sfor. Oh, I also go there every year (Bosnia), I speak the language, and I'm married to one. My friends are also from all sides, Serb, Croat and Muslim. How about you?