PDA

View Full Version : Eating bad food before duty...

Caraman
11th Mar 2006, 02:12
Anyone having had the same (bad) experience as me?

I had some chicken for lunch at an airport in Europe, a couple of hours later I began to feel sick. During the flight it was quite turbulent but I thought that it couldn't be some kind of air sickness..

Well, looking at the distance to home base, I felt like real far from home and just before TOD I had to use a plastic bag :yuk: Looking at my captain, he first looked chocked and disgusted, but later more like sorry for me.

Anyone having some advice on what to do? One of my worst nightmares just came true...

:(

flyboy2
11th Mar 2006, 05:48
Firstly sue the eating place-it was potentially very dangerous.:yuk: :ugh:

Next find a better eating place or bring your own lunch.:)

Lou Scannon
11th Mar 2006, 09:56
The worst case for inflight poisoning I heard of was a 707 captain who consumed a crew meal of steak with some sauce on it. After 20 mins he felt ill, tried to get to the toilet but passed out.

The golden rule is for the two pilots to eat different meals both before and during a flight.:yuk:

Old Smokey
11th Mar 2006, 11:49
Caraman,

I've suffered the discomfort of food poisoning twice in my career. Both were acquired whilst ON DUTY, once on the aircraft, once from food from the terminal.

Get to know the safe foods, i.e. those least prone to botulisms etc., and stick to these for a reasonable period before and during duty.

Regards,

Old Smokey

Caraman
11th Mar 2006, 13:54
Thanks,

yeah I will keep away from that restaurant from now on.

Bringing lunch was a good idea- perhaps cheaper aswell :D

Guys- stay away from all bad food and lets try to enjoy the good one:ok:

You Gimboid
13th Mar 2006, 09:34
I met a mate of mine recently who has been flying long haul for a few months and appeared to have lost quite a bit of weight.

I asked him how he kept in such good shape despite the sedentary lifestyle. He replied "Food poisoning."

Comes with the turf I guess!