PDA

View Full Version : A question of flight schools

RITZER82
11th Mar 2006, 01:41
Hi there I wonder if anyone can help. I have always had a long term ambition of becoming an airline pilot. I am 23 years of age and am hoping to start my flight training in about two years time once I have saved up atleast £25,000-£30,000, as the training is very costly of around £60,000 at Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) I have just graduated from university with a Business Management Degree and am in the stage of looking for work in order to save as near as possible for the course in order to invest for this training course. Can anybody recommmend any good flight schools with a good reputation and possibly less costly then Oxford England is charging. I have taken an hour slot lesson on a light aircraft and absolutely loved it and this was definately a career for me and not a 9-5 office job. Although I did visit OAT and found it quite interesting the £60,000 is a heck of a sum to ask for. And by the way what is the selection process like and is it relatively easy to obtain a loan of £50,000 from HSBC because the thing I am concerned about is this parental guarantee thing, both my parents are suffering from disability and we live in council house property. All assistance will be very much appreciated, thanks.:)

scroggs
11th Mar 2006, 06:12
You have duplicated this post on the OAT thread. We do not allow duplicated posts. This thread will be closed.

Scroggs