PDA

View Full Version : Atlas 74F at MAN flying for LH on 10/03/06

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
10th Mar 2006, 23:05
Just wondering if anyone has any idea why an Atlas 747F would be flying cargo into Manchester from Rome early Friday morning using an LH Flight Number?

I know lots of cargo and pax luggage has been delayed at FRA and MUC in the last week due to canx flights because of the snow.

Could and would Lufthansa use a 747F to shuttle undelivered cargo and bags around Europe if there was no capacity for the backlog, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Fried_Chicken
10th Mar 2006, 23:31
Just wondering if anyone has any idea why an Atlas 747F would be flying cargo into Manchester from Rome early Friday morning using an LH Flight Number?
I know lots of cargo and pax luggage has been delayed at FRA and MUC in the last week due to canx flights because of the snow.
Could and would Lufthansa use a 747F to shuttle undelivered cargo and bags around Europe if there was no capacity for the backlog, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Lufthansa Cargo often use Gemini MD11's on it's flights (under Lufty Cargo callsigns) so presumably, Lufty Cargo hadn't got a spare aircraft so chartered an Atlas machine.

I have no idea what it was carrying though.

For the record, it was B742 N517MC & arrived as GEC8619

Fried Chicken

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
10th Mar 2006, 23:44
Yeah, still confuses me what would need to be flown on such a short routing from Rome to Manchester.

Music or Sport related perhaps????

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
11th Mar 2006, 07:36
I have been told it was a consignment of clothes for one of the clothes retail chains

G-I-B

Mogget
11th Mar 2006, 08:41
Lufthansa Cargo often use Gemini MD11's on it's flights (under Lufty Cargo callsigns) so presumably, Lufty Cargo hadn't got a spare aircraft so chartered an Atlas machine.

Are you saying that Lufthansa Cargo regularly fly to Manchester ? If so, what aircraft do they normally use ?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
11th Mar 2006, 09:06
No they don`t come to Manchestre an a regular basis
only Ad Hoc, but they do go to NEMA and use their own MD11

G-I-B

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
11th Mar 2006, 09:51
Cheers for the info.

LH Cargo very rarely fly into MAN as they have a lot of network flights out of NEMA to Germany and to the USA.

Atlas show their faces every now and again, but it is usually on a divert when AMS is fogged out, or similar.