ratty1
11th Mar 2006, 09:15
All six crew on board lost their lives. Details in Spanish here:

http://tinyurl.com/q6aty

Anybody speak spanish?

adr
11th Mar 2006, 09:28
Anybody speak spanish?
Very little. Here's an automated translation, courtesy of Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr):
The six military in a plane crash in Bolivia died
An airplane of the Argentina Air Force crashed in La Paz
(DyN). - The six Argentine military died yesterday when crashing the airplane in whom they traveled to about 20 kilometers of the Bolivian city of La Paz, after which the airship took off to undertake the return towards Argentina in an official trip of humanitarian aid.
The Argentina Air Force (FAA) needed that the Learjet airplane Tango 21 managed to raise flight to 16,27 Argentine hour in the military airport of the Stop, but to the five minutes it could not maintain the height, it crashed and it exploded in earth, which caused the immediate death of the six crew.
According to a journalist informed from La Paz to the channel of the news TN, the airship was piloted by the captain Frank Fernando and lieutenant Matías Monetti, in as much the sergeant majors Javier Brondi, Jorge Peralta, Adminio Enríquez and the main Juan Knoll completed the crew.
The airship T-21 LJ-35, matriculation FAA-046, pertaining to II the Aerial Brigade with seat in Parana, traveled the day before yesterday to La Paz to give medicines and to lend medical aid and had transferred the minister of Health, Ginés González Garci'a, who returned to Argentina in another flight, informed to DyN the sanitary portfolio.
Air Force confirmed that the accident subsequent to took place at the moment the takeoff of the airship, that had to make intermediate scales with final destiny to the city of Parana, in Between Rivers. But when dequeuing, with first destiny towards the international airport of Viru Viru, in the city of Santa Cruz of the Mountain range, to the east of Bolivia, the ship hurried to earth in the locality of Kallutaka, near Laja, to 20 kilometers of distance of the zone of takeoff.
Experts of Board Fact-finding of accidents of Air Force traveled towards place of wreck to determine causes which they caused the fall of the airplane, that had delayed its game by technical disadvantages, according to informed the holder into the sanitary portfolio.
In this sense, González Garci'a assured that "the excess of the commitments that one has, that cannot lose noon nor, was the reason for which I requested to return anyway, and they sent another airplane to me with which we returned perfect" to Buenos Aires, narrated minister in declarations to the channel All Noticias.
The minister of Health added on the matter: "He had much work here, with which I traveled to the dawn, but of no way it seemed a great disadvantage. From my point of view he was absolutely normal everything ".
Colonel Johnny Side, into the Bolivian Air Force, informed from the neighboring country that "the airplane has been disintegrated completely in an area of 2 kilometers", where were scattered the parts.
The airship had participated in a mission that took to Bolivia medical equipment of last generation and nine tons of medicines, and in that participated several Argentine civil employees.
Last night, president Néstor Kirchner was very hurt and consternado by the accident.

May they rest in peace. Condolences to their families and colleagues.

adr