PDA

View Full Version : BGS a bit behind

ItsAjob
10th Mar 2006, 14:38
Anyone else think that the Bristol online database of ATPL questions is a little behind the times now?
After going through the subjects untill I managed on average 99% I still reckon there was a load of new questions in the exams.
I know its not all about the feedback, but even knowing the subject inside out I still find the wording of some of the questions real tricky, and who knows the real answer.
I just wish for the £50 they could at least update it each time they hear of new question.
At the moment there doesnt seem to be much difference in that and the Italian database thats free!

BigGrecian
10th Mar 2006, 15:04
The question bank is never going to be 100% comphrensive especially with the rate that new questions are appearing.
Trouble is that it takes students to provide accurate feedback for questions to be added to the bank. How many of you provided feedback? Exactly. It takes a while for the actual wording and what the question is asking to be worked out - there's no point in putting duff questions in there.

hixton
10th Mar 2006, 15:38
Didnt oxford used to wait outside the exam room then get the feedback off students as soon as they came out?

helicopter-redeye
10th Mar 2006, 15:40
I still reckon there was a load of new questions in the exams.

New questions in the exam. What ARE the JAA thinking of.

:p

Superpilot
10th Mar 2006, 15:50
Didnt oxford used to wait outside the exam room then get the feedback off students as soon as they came out?
:rolleyes:

Boy or boy, if you guys think that this is the only method whereby exam questions get into online question banks you are very naive.

bfato
10th Mar 2006, 16:13
Boy or boy, if you guys think that this is the only method whereby exam questions get into online question banks you are very naive.

Did you notice the same speling mishtakes appearing in the same questions in different 'feedback' question banks too?

Alex Whittingham
13th Mar 2006, 10:23
Its the nature of the beast that we will allways be behind the real CQB. We put 1500 new questions in last Autumn but you wouldn't notice unless you monitored the size of the database closely. There's a new front end being uploaded today together with revised databases in three subjects, Law, AGK and Human Performance with the other subjects to follow within ten days. The database sizes won't have changed much because a large number of the more cr*p questions seem to have been taken out of the CQB and replaced by new material. The Law database has even reduced in size, and not before time. I'd be interested to see what you think of the new material.

smith
13th Mar 2006, 13:02
It would be cool if the questions were weighted as in the JAA exam. The data bank questions are all 1 mark. Therefore getting a few of the 3 markers wrong in the exam will only drop 1 point per question and therefore give a false assesment of how you are really doing.

jessie05
13th Mar 2006, 21:41
Well , i passed all the atpls with a relatively good average score quite recently with 100% input from Bristols online database of questions. For me , it was a question of reading the books twice , thinking that i understood most of the stuff and then spending 6 months attempting the database questions.
Believe me, after that you get to know what an exam question looks like, and you can not only recognise the question but actually work it out because you have done it so many times. Cant fault it and was the best money i have ever spent.
Mind you , I didnt have much of a life whilst doing the online bank and spent considerably more time answering questions than is required by the CAA!.
The exams that you really need to know whats happening are Performance , Mass/balance and general Nav. These you have to be able to work out, which is fair enough, or extremely lucky at guessing!.Performance was a lucky, lucky break for me but thats the way it goes i guess. The rest you can learn the database and hopefully triumph!
Providing you have read the books and have a general understanding of the subjects, BGS database will get you there.
good luck
jess