PDA

View Full Version : What does industrial flexibility achieve?

QFinsider
10th Mar 2006, 06:55
In the last few days as we watched the J* guys (not all) fall for the same garbage mainline longhaul fell for in EBA7 I was pondering.....

Just where did our industrial flexibility get us, when we said YES to EBA7 58% to 42%?

Me thinks further isolated, but I voted no due to my lack of engagement....

Over to you guys!:ok:

Elroy Jettson
10th Mar 2006, 07:33
Interesting question, flexibility got us about as far as the pay freeze the year before, agreeing to fly AO at reduced rates, not jacking up about Jit Connict, B scale for the 73, allowing Singapore bases, reserve lines on the classic etc etc etc. (Shall I go on?)

All these things got us zip. You wouldn't know it though, the hottest topic on crew forum is the sharing of blank lines! Re arranging the deck chairs on an EBA titanic. If these clowns think the company will allow us to further complicate our award without very expensive tradeoffs, they are sadly mistaken. The company (read GD) has made it crystal clear that we have to simplify conditions, if we want to be involved in any future discussions on growth. Read trade more stuff of in the hope we will be included in the future. If we take BS like "Can we share blank lines with this new formula someone invented to protect 744 pilots only" to them, they will treat us with the contempt those who feel that blank lines are the biggest issue that AIPA face at the moment deserve.

We have not only told management that we wont raise a whimper in protest, but we will supply the KY ourselves. Bottoms up! If you havent guessed, I voted 'no' too.

QFinsider
10th Mar 2006, 09:52
I agree Elroy....

With RH at the helm we were on the rocks and the pigs all fuelled up ready to fly...He told us not to worry and we needn't have as he had his command...

I'm sick of the bullying, I'm sick of a class of cadets from yesteryear sitting around in offices "doing stuff". I'm no cadet basher but these guys give cadets a real bad name.......

Further division, blanklines for everyone, except B744 Captains and FO another master stroke..rings of the READY-FIRE-AIM that has got us in this pickle to start with:ouch:

wing surfer
12th Mar 2006, 11:13
may i make a sugestion to you and all the others out there when the EBA hits ...................

lock in all the awards conditions into the EBA this is a major area where the company is planning to hit the different unions to serperate them even more.

Once these are in the EBA it is harder in the future even under the new IR reforms for the company to touch them.

good luck and god speed..............