PDA

View Full Version : Piper Warrior passenger limit

link4
9th Mar 2006, 18:27
Hi all,

Am due to take a flight to Le touquet, but my instructor was not sure as to if we can have two people in the back as well as us two upfront due to insurance purposes, he thinks all is well but will let me know if not, anyone able to shed some light on this matter?

Thanks

Dr Eckener
9th Mar 2006, 18:33
Yes. Try reading the insurance document. The club will provide you with a copy if you ask. You should know about these sorts of documents anyway, and so should your instructor. Seems a bit odd though.

Now, four people in a warrior with fuel might make your weight and balance a bit interesting though.

Human Factor
9th Mar 2006, 18:35
I suppose that depends on your insurer.

Practically, I would be very careful about putting more than one adult in the back though as it's easy to go out of CG limits. Also, with more than two people on board, you're unlikely to be able to get a full fuel load and stay legal. If you're not legal (over MTOW or out of CG limits), any insurance you do have will be invalid.

link4
9th Mar 2006, 18:42
ive done the weight and balance checks, just within limits, jus gota manage to cut down on the chips till the trip! :)

A V 8
9th Mar 2006, 19:23
We're in the process of planning a trip in a PA28 from the Midlands to Mallorca. Worked out that if we went 4 up, we could only carry 65 litres of juice with a very small baggage allowance. To keep an hour in reserve, we'd have to land and refuel every hour!

What a difference an adult makes - going 3 up allows fuel to tabs and a reasonable amount of baggage.

Hope that helps,

AV8

splang
9th Mar 2006, 19:50
How many hours do you think it would take (flying time including routing for fuel etc) please?

Steve

18greens
9th Mar 2006, 20:03
Of course you can take 4 people, its got 4 seats and seatbelts(which usually dictates the insurance limit). You can even take full fuel if you all weigh 10 stones. Unfortunately cos we are all 200lbs that limits you to 3 people.

No chips, no alcohol....

slim_slag
9th Mar 2006, 20:16
Maybe the instructor doesn't fancy the idea of pushing the envelope in a rental warrior and is using the insurance as a reason? Cannot say I'd blame him.

foxmoth
11th Mar 2006, 08:11
The only other thing he may have been worrying about is if you still have not got your PPL (you do not say why you have the instructor with you) he may not be sure about carrying pax on a training flight.