PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 747 / 767 /330 Engines

PennyBenjamin
9th Mar 2006, 04:51
Been having troubles finding the exact number of different types of donk's on QF aircraft. This is my guess, could someone in the know please correct me!

6 x B744ER -CF6-80C2B5F
24 x B744 - RB211
13 x A332/3 - CF6-80E
22 x B767-300 - CF6-80C2

The above list seems to be missing 6 747-400's and a couple of 767's. Any genuine help would be appreciated.

Penny

willadvise
9th Mar 2006, 05:00
Go the CASA acft register and look for yourself.

http://casa.gov.au/casadata/register/data/ACRFTREG.CSV

*Lancer*
9th Mar 2006, 07:09
The 744s have the RB211-524GT
There are 3 744 non-ER GEs with the CF6
The 767s have are the RB211-524H and the CF6-C2B6

botero
9th Mar 2006, 10:54
PB.
I have just been to the QF website and after an exhaustive 2 minute search managed to find the full stats for the aircraft in question, including engine details.

If you are doing prep for your interview I hope you put a little more effort into your tech knowledge than you did into finding these engine details or the interviewers will go through you very quickly indeed.:hmm:

Enough preaching......just go to QF website, click 'flying with us' tab, click 'in the air tab', select seat maps. All of the a/c types can now be selected.

Keg
9th Mar 2006, 12:37
PB.
If you are doing prep for your interview I hope you put a little more effort into your tech knowledge than you did into finding these engine details or the interviewers will go through you very quickly indeed.:hmm:

If you're doing prep for an interview, I hope you put a little more effort into important stuff rather than remembering exact numbers of aircraft and engine types! :eek:

Try issues that actually affect the business! :ok:

Taildragger67
9th Mar 2006, 14:00
Don't forget the Seven Dwarves (the 7 RR 763s on lease from BA... or have they been sent back to Nigel?)

And you haven't mentioned the 743s ... I seem to recall 6 airframes (all RR), one of which is apparently sprouting roots at Avalon... ???

Keg
9th Mar 2006, 21:28
The Z cars remain until 2012 I think- or at least a few more years from now! Supposedly to be replaced by the 787.

Speaking of the classics, I saw 3 of the 5 serviceable ones at the jet base in Sydney on Tuesday arvo. No wonder the classic guys are loving life at the moment....none of them are going to work! :eek: :ok:

PennyBenjamin
9th Mar 2006, 21:55
botero, thanks for your constructive advice on the topic. You sound like a really pleasent fellow and a great ambassador for General Aviation. Sounds like you need to lighten up a bit. If you don't have anything constrictive to say, say nothing at all. It is pessimistic and bitter attitudes like that which youh have displayed that is giving ppruner's a bad name industry wide. So have a coke and a smile and chill the #$%^out!

Thanks to everyone else for their constructive discussion.

botero
9th Mar 2006, 22:01
PB.

I have just re-read my post next morning and it looks a bit harsh. It was not meant to be like that.
What I was trying to say is if you are preparing for an interview don't spend a lot of time on some smaller points to the detriment of having a good indepth knowledge of the things that are important. I doubt even the guys interviewing you know their aircraft engine types past about the 1st 4 numbers - because they don't care about it!

The 747-300 details are on the QF site but the 767 orphans are not mentioned. Yes there is a classic parked at Avalon and has been for some time. Technically it doesn't have an engine type as there are none on it at all; they are all being used on the other 5 airframes.

PennyBenjamin
9th Mar 2006, 23:31
thanks for the reply botero, and i appeciate what you are saying. im doing an assignment for uni on the possibilities for Australian/NZ airline engine heavy maintaince options {namely the Qantas-China decision} and no QF interview but your info is handy all the same. I now have all the info I need. Thanks.

Good to see there is some humility in GA.

Cheers, Penny