PDA

View Full Version : German Tonkas Low Level

fantaman
8th Mar 2006, 17:27
http://www.wimp.com/altitudesix/

Cool link to some German Tonkas low level, looks like Goose Bay! Not sure about the music tho!

Go to download, right click and save as!

dantura
8th Mar 2006, 17:36
Nice clip!

There are credits at the end.

It is Goose, and the music is Ramstein (not really my cup of tea!)

regards

GengisKhant
8th Mar 2006, 21:35
Good film..., excellent contrast and definition... :ok: pity about the backing music....,:yuk:

hobie
8th Mar 2006, 21:43
excellent contrast and definition

I was thinking that too .....

now if they had picked something like the music on the French Video .... "Stay Awake" .....

Magic !!!!! ...... :p

GengisKhant
8th Mar 2006, 23:06
Hobie....., I thought the french low level was first class..., but then again...., having had little or no recent active air combat experience, the French AF have to get their kicks somewhere....,

would not like to think of the consequences of a bird strike at 250+ knts and 50ft.....! :bored:

reacher
9th Mar 2006, 06:06
Anyone have the link working at the moment?
Not working in either FF or IE. Well for me anyway.

hobie
9th Mar 2006, 08:10
here you go reacher .... rem, sound system flat out !!!! .... :p

http://www.drunkencat.com/media/1131925689/Extremely_Low_Altitude_Flying

SRENNAPS
9th Mar 2006, 19:44
Cracking Video. I found the music grew on me but not as good as the french video music. Anyone understand the lyrics???

Tourist
9th Mar 2006, 21:28
Yes.
The title is "My Heart Bleeds"
Not their best song by any stretch.

Finest band I have ever seen live, with some of the best music videos going.

They are the band playing in the eastern European nightclub at the start of the movie "XXX"

hobie
9th Mar 2006, 21:51
Tourist .... any chance you might know the song in the French Vid? .... :confused:

I've tried to find "stay awake" on iTunes without any joy ... :(

maccer82
9th Mar 2006, 23:38
Its by Nirvana and its called Stay Away...
Ive had enough of watching frogs and crauts having their fun, have the Crabs or RN done any decent vids?

hobie
10th Mar 2006, 07:43
Its by Nirvana and its called Stay Away...

that's the one ..... vielen Dank ....... ;)

Gary Lager
10th Mar 2006, 09:35
On the German vid the music is by Rammstein. Lyrics below (note my heart burns, not bleeds)

Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt (lyrics):

Now, dear children, pay attention
I am the voice from the pillow
I have brought you something
I ripped it from my chest

With this heart I have the power
to blackmail the eyelids
I sing until the day awakes
a bright light on the heavens
my heart burns

They come to you in the night
demons, ghosts, black fairies
they creep out of the cellar shaft
and will look under your bedding

I have brought you something
my heart burns

They come to you in the night
and steal your small hot tears
they wait until the moon awakes
and put them in my cold veins

I sing until the day awakes

my heart burns

My heart burns

Awesome.

Coincidentally, for the Mil Aircrew forum, here is some info on the source of the band's name (Taken from an MTV interview):

"The name came from the big catastrophe that happened in Ramstein, which is a place in Germany, where the American airforce had a flight show. They crashed and over 80 people got hurt and killed. So the first song, actually, was about that accident. And then there was always like a cause when they'd say: "Ramstein, Ramstein!" So it came into our head and it stayed there. We just changed the spelling slightly because Ramstein is actually spelt with one "m". It also became somewhat of a provocation, by just repeating it, it kind of became like a symbol for us, an anthem."

John Eacott
10th Mar 2006, 09:43
have the Crabs or RN done any decent vids?

Tourist sent me these RN & AAC videos (http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/photos/pprune/Videos/) last year. I split them into "smaller" sections for easier download: enjoy :ok:

The Helpful Stacker
10th Mar 2006, 10:12
Seems strange of the Germans to include target strike footage from the Gulf in their vid, weren't the Germans very against the whole Iraq thing?

Oh and am I right in thinking that the last time the GAF bombed something in anger they had to dodge Spitfires over the channel to get to the target (which was probably a chippy)?

:confused:

Good footage though. I wish I'd been able to admire the view more when I managed to get a backseat flight in something with a bit more omph than a Tristar but the pilot seemed hell bent on making me throw up.

Magic Mushroom
10th Mar 2006, 10:42
Stacker,
No. The GAF flew Tornado IDS and ECR operationally in the Balkans during the 90s.

They certainly hit targets in Bosnia during Op Deny Flight/Deliberate Force and in Kosovo during Op Allied Force. IIRC they also serviced some targets in Southern Serbia during OAF too.

Regards,
MM

maccer82
10th Mar 2006, 18:46
Thanks JE, some good videos there!:ok:

SRENNAPS
10th Mar 2006, 19:30
Gary Lager,
Many thanks for those lyrics.
I was in Germany when the Ramstein disaster occured. It was unbelieveble and hit everybody very hard.
I think it makes me appreciate the music that much more.

station workshops
10th Mar 2006, 19:37
Gary Lager:-
August 28, 1988 -- Seventy people are killed and hundreds injured in the world's worst air show disaster when three jets from the Italian Air Force display team Frecce Tricolori collide in mid-air and one crashes into the crowd during an air show at a U.S. Air Force base at Ramstein, West Germany.

A fairly famous incident I would have thought.

Magic Mushroom
At the time, in the handwringing over whether the German forces should become involved in the Balkans because of their prevoius recent involvement in the area, a British Politician was heard to opine "If the Germans are mobilised, it will be the largets peace-keeping operation they've been involved in since WWII"

c130 alm
10th Mar 2006, 19:48
Ive flown down those valleys out in the training area in Goose. A little slower than the F3s though.

I was bored so I thought I would post a reply.