PDA

View Full Version : stopbar use and runway incursions

discountinvestigator
7th Mar 2006, 21:44
Hi,

I am carrying out a review of stopbar use at some of the major airports around the world and will be visiting HKG in an official capacity in a month or so. However, I have never been to the cargo side of the airport and wondered if they are in use H24 over there to protect the runway or not.

I have looked out of the window as a pax on my frequent transits through HKG and wondered if anyone could enlighten me on the day/night use from the passenger terminal side for different runway directions and visibility conditions.

Many thanks

electricjetjock
7th Mar 2006, 23:15
If it IS in an "official" capacity, what is it and why ask a question like this on PPRUNE, if you are coming here "officially"?????

Or is it just a "fishing" trip?:suspect:

ClearedIGS
7th Mar 2006, 23:16
Regarding stop-bars here, we have limited stop-bars associated with taxiways but all holding positions for all entry to both runways have stop-bars in accordance with ICAO requirements. Whenever the viz is down to 6km and/or the cloud ceiling is less than 1,000 feet, at night or whenever ATC consider it may assist pilots, approach & runway lights shall be switched on & the stop-bar lights should be switched on when approach lighting is switched on. In any case all stop-bars switch on automatically when the pre-set lighting for CAT I / CAT II / CAT III lighting is selected. To repeat, ALL entry points to both runways have stop-bars. Hope that answers your question.