PDA

View Full Version : A&P Experiences

surfrules
7th Mar 2006, 19:19
Hey there, gents,

Last night I was wundering, right now i'm a B767/F70/F100 A&P engineer and have technical experiences with the MD11 too. During me time off I try to get my pilotlicenses. In April i'll get me JAA/FAA PPL and after that I like to start with the Waypoint course of OAT...

The question is, will all the aviation experience that i've got right now and the tech.knowlage about A/Cs, be a advantadge for me if i would apply for a FO positions at M.Airlines in engeland or some were around europe??...
You're still a lowhourpilot ofcours....

regards
A nother wannabee with big future plans:ok:

surfrules
12th Mar 2006, 14:51
when i look back on my thread, sorry for my terribla spelling...:rolleyes:

but nobody any comments.......:bored:

angelorange
12th Mar 2006, 18:56
Your experience will help you pass the technical exams at CPL/ATPL level and perhaps your contacts in the industry will help in the future. But you would be wise to work on your language skills to add polish to a CV/Resume.

The96er
12th Mar 2006, 19:06
Surfrules, I spent 11 years building jet aircraft and having just gone through the CTC interview, it seems to count for very little that all of my life was spent in aviation ( Yes - I was unsuccessful ). Don't let that put you off though. Having come from a technical background does give you a distinct advantage whilst doing the ATPL exams.

the96er.

Flintstone
12th Mar 2006, 19:25
As has been said your technical knowledge will help in your pilot studies but don't be surprised if something you KNOW to be true isn't the correct answer in an exam, especially if it's anything to do with the UK CAA.
I would also hope that your connections and experience prove to be of some use when it comes to getting that first job. As an interviewer I would certainly consider them to be a big plus.
Who am I to comment on your spelling? I'm a Brit, we just don't do other languages :hmm:
Good luck with it.

surfrules
15th Mar 2006, 12:53
Hey Gents,

thanxs for the reply.
When i will finnish all the flight training, i'll probebly will move to engeland just to improve me english spelling ...(terrible isnt it!:) )..
Anyway...

cheers and regards:ok:

Canada Goose
15th Mar 2006, 13:12
Angelorange ........ do you really think it would help surfules if he was able to speak Polish ?

.......... sorry slow day and couldn't resist !
:E