PDA

View Full Version : They've Done It Again

markerboy
6th Mar 2006, 19:22
Why is it that their royalnesses have deemed it fine and dandy, to change the time in limit for PAS if you change to the new pension scheme?

How is it that 2 people with the same job spec, can be paid differently? If you remain on the old scheme, it stays at 22yrs, but if you opt for the new one then it changes to 18! This surely will add the icing to the cake. In this day and age, where morale is hitting rock bottom, JPA and the changes to the pension scheme (after we've been forced to sign or not to) will push the guys to the limit. With ever increasing tasking, ever decreasing numbers, and jets getting old, we are now told that money is being saved by screwing us even more.

When will the high and mighty learn to leave us alone :mad:

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
6th Mar 2006, 19:28
Does that mean, having already done 18 reckonable years...that I can go on to PAS immediately???:confused:

If so, then it would work for me!!:p

I've already been offerred but it is just over a year away!!

Later...
'J' Bloke:rolleyes:

bayete
6th Mar 2006, 19:53
They managed to narrow the goal posts for me.
Been a volunteer for a PC for 3 years now and when they offer it finally they offer an 18/40 rather than a 16/38 (while I am committed to remain on Pension 75 and still pensionable at 38 and would have to PVR to get it).
If they had offered 38 I would have accepted that day and they would get 6 years from me now they get 1.5!!!!
ByeBye

Ginseng
6th Mar 2006, 20:09
Markerboy,

Remember that it is now transfer to PAS at the EDP point, which is minimum 18 years AND age at least 40. This should roughly equate to an airman having completed 22 years from age 18 on the AFPS75. I know it won't be exactly equivalent in all cases, but the differenecs should be relatively small.

Bayete,

I think you should talk to your Desk Officer again. I believe the intention was to offer those who chose to transfer to AFPS05 a chance to extend to at least the 18/40 point to qualify for an EDP, not to force further service on those remaining in AFPS75, who still have an IPP at 16/38. It does sound, though, as if you are being offered a "take it or leave it" deal on the PC, which I think is harsh and not at all sensible. I presume that you are currently on a 12 year SSC and will walk if the only offer is age 40. I can't blame you.

Regards

Ginseng