PDA

View Full Version : Another French strike

flowman
6th Mar 2006, 07:32
There will be a strike affecting French civil aviation services from 6th March 1800 to 8th March 0600.
NOTAM A0766/06 refers

I Am Not The One
6th Mar 2006, 09:08
Hmmmmm...........Do you think that will mean an increase in efficiency through their airspace?

captjns
6th Mar 2006, 10:25
Hmmmmm...........Do you think that will mean an increase in efficiency through their airspace?

To quote Paris Control.... "Wait I'll call you back".:ugh:

Dances with Boffins
6th Mar 2006, 11:12
"30 for you Pierre.."
"I spit on your traffic!"

Brace yerself Belgium..;)

flowman
7th Mar 2006, 04:54
46 regulations applied at the start of the day and 80,000 minutes of delay generated by the strike.

I used to think aviation was a worldwide community. One of our community is cr@pping on us from a great height :mad:

Arkroyal
7th Mar 2006, 06:50
Oh well!

Better dust off my guide to the Tango routes....again and be prepared for a large dose of discretion and no evening with the family....again:yuk:

flowman
7th Mar 2006, 07:52
Half way through the morning now and, to their credit, many controllers have broken the strike.
There is very little disruption in Reims area (LFEE) or Paris ACC (LFFF).
Worst affected are Marseille Approach and ACC West (LFMM), Brest (LFRR) and LFPO.
Only 15 restrictions remaining giving 24000 minutes of delay.
I it is difficult to predict what manning will be like when the late shifts arrive, we will have to wait and see.

Seloco
7th Mar 2006, 14:18
I guess this was the reason for our rather imaginative routeing on TP351 LHR-LIS this morning. Watching the video map display as we headed west off the end of Cornwall was almost more entertaining than the usual Wallace and Gromit programming! Not a word from the Captain mind, and we actually weren't that late arriving....

BN2A
7th Mar 2006, 16:18
Tango 9.... Lets you read the paper in peace for half an hour!!!
Almost makes me wish I was TFS'ing today...

:zzz:

cornwallis
7th Mar 2006, 17:27
What were they striking over?

SirToppamHat
7th Mar 2006, 18:10
Dances with Boffins, I believe that was a Friday morning, followed on the Monday morning by:

"Come on Pierre, don't mess about - 30 for you..."

"I accept zem"

"Knockout - you're back at work then?"

"Affirmateeeve - we came back to work Saturday - eeets been very quiet thees weekend!"

For more, please click here. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002MOJK/qid=1141758623/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/026-8642142-6590802).

STH

flowman
7th Mar 2006, 19:43
Cornwallis
This week they are striking over Government plans for pension reforms.
Last November it was privatisation, pensions and public spending cuts.
Expect more of the same.....

Arkroyal
8th Mar 2006, 08:29
Not too bad really, just a 2 hour delay before departing AGP.

Hats off to the Ryanair chappie who asked the Brest controller in a thick scots accent where the strike was having an effect and what it was all about.

'I call you back!'

He didn't

MACR
8th Mar 2006, 09:06
LFPG yesterday afternoon with AFR: EOBT was 1600; left stand at 1601, ATOT was 1611. According to Captain, stike had minimal effect. Then had to hold at BIG for 15 mins!!

Man Flex
8th Mar 2006, 09:59
I think some people got off very lightly yesterday. 1 Hr 20 min slot delay in the morning followed by extended routing via T9 only to find on arrival a further slot delay of 2 hours! Lots of passengers missing connections and having to overnight - a huge cost to the company with no chance of compensation.

Oh, did I mention about the early morning positioning in a taxi followed by the return trip later around the M25 during rush hour? 2 hours of discretion and a total duty time of 14 hours!

Be warned all those that think being a pilot is an easy life!

ALLDAYDELI
8th Mar 2006, 10:30
some "delayed" or rerouted southbounds managed to make up time yesterday based on strong tailwinds in southerly direction.
Reverse happened on the delayed northbounds though..

Dances with Boffins
8th Mar 2006, 11:22
You have to admire the speed that they manage to dry their "powder" between walk-outs. We've had ours in the airing cupboard for years now.
I wonder if the little NATS Pensions letter this morning will incite anyone to actually contemplate getting it out?:rolleyes:

cornwallis
8th Mar 2006, 15:34
Flowman thankyou for the info.I had a small delay ex UK yesterday,and an hour ex Spain.Major reroute on the way home plus strong(130kts) northerly made it a long day out.When is the next one due?

flowman
8th Mar 2006, 20:09
Soon as I hear something I'll let you know.
Maybe you can arrange a day off!