PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen - again!!

rednine
6th Mar 2006, 04:50
After all the flurry about Aberdeen here approx 2 weeks ago what is the situation now? Another full time instructor has left I have been told as have others - any updates and what does the future hold for GA at Aberdeen? Are there any smaller strips nearby which could be developed and is the time right now to do this?

high voltage
6th Mar 2006, 15:51
To start a new school you can only operate from a licensed aerodrome, i's a comlpex and expensive process and the planning approvals required are not straight forward either.

Therefore unless you are a wealthy avaition buff with money to throw at it the simplest option would be to join another flying club.

To pursue flying beyong gaining your licence you could join a group owned aircraft scheme which doesn't have to operate from a licensed aerodrome so there are some benefits there.

youngskywalker
6th Mar 2006, 18:25
Not much flying, but plenty room on the ramp to play baseball...but maybe I got the wrong end of the stick/bat? :uhoh:

heehaw
6th Mar 2006, 21:10
I hear the instructor left to go to a new job and was wished well by his former employer- so what's the problem? I'm sure they will be replaced. The vast majority of instructors aspire to fly something a bit bigger and with more than one engine!

Funny that Red Nine puts a slant on these trivial happenings. One might begin to think the person has a grudge or an agenda given their posts to date:) .

BRL
7th Mar 2006, 12:18
I am closing this one as I don't want to deal with all the legal threats like what were flying around after the last thread on Aberdeen.

Also noted one of the posters above has sent abusive and libelous PM's to another user on this thread. It is becoming clear that it is one mans vendetta to another and I will not allow this forum to be used for this, hence the locking of this thread.

As usual, PM me or email me to take this further. :)