PDA

View Full Version : Exclude pilot studies from CV?

richiya
5th Mar 2006, 22:42
I finished my APTL in 2001 and couldn't get a job after going to the US for licences and hour building, after having nearly 600tt, ran out of money and owed everyone loads, got a part time job while at uni in the UK and am now about to finish a A Economics.
The question is to be able to get back "onto the train" and be employable for a pilot job I need to do some hours as my are a bit on the rusty side, to do this I need some sort of income, I have been sending loads of CV's to employers for graduate vacancies in Marketing and Sales positions and don't seem to be getting very good feedback from them (no interviews), I was wondering (due to a comment made by a freind) if I should avoid mentioning my pilot training, due to the fact that companies automatically think:" I´ll spend money training this guy for the job and he'll leave the minute he is offered a flying job".
The thing is if I leave it out there is a three year gap on my CV, which is a lot worse than what I had imagined! I´m lost!!!

I would apreciate any help.

richiya