PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Coast Flying Acadamy

tudeski2004
5th Mar 2006, 09:22
Just a quick one. Anyone know anything about Treasure Coast Flying Acadamy in Florida. Looks and sounds good. Cant find anything about it on here. Any help would be appreciated

portsharbourflyer
5th Mar 2006, 18:27
Can't tell you anything about the school directly, but I have met the instructor whom founded the school; Ray Williams when he was working for EFT. While I was at EFT R. Williams was an instructor teaching the FI course and he also use to examine MEP and PPL. Though I never had Ray as an instructor some of my colleagues were under taking the FI course, they spoke very highly of R. Williams instruction. My own observations were that he seemed to set high standards.

cheesycol
6th Mar 2006, 23:03
Hi,

Ray Williams was my MEP instructor, not at Treasure Coast, though we did land at Sebastian, and I have landed at Sebastian many times myself.

Ray is a great instructor and has very high standards. This not only includes your flying, but also all your related knowledge to theory and the aircraft that you're flying. He is a former instructor at the now defunct British Airways flying school up at Prestwick.

Sebastian is a chilled out place - if I remember correctly it has 3 runways - a new one opened last summer. It is an uncontrolled field. There is a parachute dropping operation there and King Airs are regular visitors. Just to the North there is the Melbourne control zone, which will hone your R/T, but also miles of uncontrolled airspace to the west, about 1/4 mile east is the Atlantic! Miami is about an hour or so South.

There is also a great little cafe next to the school that does great coffee and cookies!

If you want the Mouse and Rollercoasters, you won't find that at Sebastian, it is much quieter than Orlando, but therefore is very laid back.

Hope that helps.