PDA

View Full Version : Want to be thoroughly nauseated?

Lyneham Lad
3rd Mar 2006, 21:36
If so, watch Parkinson on ITV1 tomorrow night and listen to our Lord High Tone justifying his actions on Iraq..................:yuk:

PS - I will be done something (anything!) else.

Archimedes
3rd Mar 2006, 23:18
It would appear that the blame for the UK becoming involved in Iraq can be partly given to a higher authority:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4772142.stm

Really nice to see that its not just the US and Iran who have leaders with whom God enjoys conversing... :\ Couldn't he have stuck to focus groups?

16 blades
3rd Mar 2006, 23:21
I, for one, wish His Toneness would have stuck with the legal profession.

16B

ratty1
3rd Mar 2006, 23:25
Oh no Tone has turned into Elwood from the Blues Brothers. They were on a mission from God aswell...........................

Blacksheep
4th Mar 2006, 01:47
So, there you have it chaps. You're no longer defending the sovereignty of the nation, you're on a mission from God.

WMD? 45 minutes from deployment? Providing support for terrorists? Well, its OK to tell lies as long as God says "Its OK Tony. Its the right thing to do"

Onan the Clumsy
4th Mar 2006, 03:12
So long as it's the correct god, and not...you know...the other god :ugh:

GipsyMagpie
4th Mar 2006, 06:06
I could have sworn the crusades were a middle ages thing but obviously not. What does the man upstairs think? Cue theatrical bolt on lightning perhaps...

Tombstone
4th Mar 2006, 07:58
In fairness to the PM, he did not suggest that he turned to God in order to seek guidance, our bombs have GPS for that! Parky pressed the issue but Blair did not fall into his trap. The clip was on the news last night.

He said, that everyone has to find it in themselves to make tough decisions, I pray whenever I give my wife the new car :oh: , and that sometimes he would pray or find a place to question himself before announcing difficult decisions. At no point did he suggest that he asked God whether or not he should press the button so calm down folks.

The Armed Forces are facing tough cuts and I think it is safe to say that without the odd conflict, the cuts would be even more severe. I'm not suggesting that as a motive for war however, it is the reality as to why many of us still have a job in blue/green/navy thingy.

Iraq is a mess however, thats the fault of the US for not commiting enough troops post conflict, something the US Administration has admitted on several occasions.

Trumpet_trousers
4th Mar 2006, 14:28
The sooner this clown returns to the circus, the better. Anyone else notice how there was NOTHING about this in the lunchtime news today, and how it was conveniently eclipsed by Tessa Jowell's marital problems? Coincidence? :mad:

Tombstone
4th Mar 2006, 16:47
I don't think so Trumpet Trousers,

it'll be news tomorrow once the interview has actually aired!!

Tigs2
4th Mar 2006, 16:58
I agree with Trumpet Trousers
Front page news tomorrow will be the Jowell story. Its just been on sky news talking about Tessa Jowell and how in the past she was asked what she would do for Mr Blair, her answer was, quote "I would jump under a bus for Tony Blair". Well it looks like she has done, talk about taking the heat of the PM.

tablet_eraser
4th Mar 2006, 17:11
I am not a fan of Blair by any standards - I wish the ba$stard would leave us, preferably without Gordon "Slasher" Brown being left in charge.

However, I have to say that I think the media has blown Blair's remarks out of all proportion. He simply said he thought he would be judged by God for his actions in Iraq. JUDGED by God, not exonerated by Him. Blair didn't say he prayed to God to ask Him whether he should invade Iraq.

The guy's an obnoxious, smarmy, careless scumbag with a liberal interpretation of the truth. But there seems to be no evidence that he's a theocrat; he just believes that when he dies he'll be held to account by his Maker. In the meantime, we just need to make sure his Government's held to account in this world as soon as we have the opportunity!

L1A2 discharged
4th Mar 2006, 19:58
Is there a membership list available for perusal ... ;)

Depending on ones belief set it may be a surprise that there is / may be etc. something other than this mortal coil off which to fall.:confused: If a believer (not a la monkees) then when you depart this life there is something else to look forward to. If not a believer, does it matter?

Grimweasel
4th Mar 2006, 21:22
So did god tell him to let 345000 plus migrants into the country since the relaxation of EU border rules too??
With that the influx of Albanian gangs, thought to be worse than the Triads, controlling prostitution in most major cities, WELL DONE TONE!!
Oh and thank Gordon for the economic mess he's left the UK Pensions in too. Cheers for the loss of the tax dividend credit and the 1000+ beauracratic crappy legislation rules you have forced on UK PLC

Lets hope Labour fail at the next election......:sad:

16 blades
4th Mar 2006, 21:37
The sooner this clown returns to the circus, the better.

I couldn't agree more - the problem is, WHICH clown could replace him?

Brown the Master Thief would be a disaster, the less said about the LibDems the better - and the Tories are now under the thrall of the coke-snorting Etonite Neo-Luvvies.

In short, we're f**ked.

I need to invent a time machine, so I can travel back 200 years, commit a crime and get deported to Australia (It would be easier than meeting their current Immigration requirements at my age!)

16B

PICKS135
4th Mar 2006, 21:46
Looks like God has spoken - the gates are locked

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/f4phixeruk/pearlygates.jpg

batfink2
4th Mar 2006, 22:55
I couldn't agree more - the problem is, WHICH clown could replace him?
Brown the Master Thief would be a disaster, the less said about the LibDems the better - and the Tories are now under the thrall of the coke-snorting Etonite Neo-Luvvies.
Far too true to be funny. Although, with Cameron heading up the blues I think they'll have the backing of those who vote on looks over leadership! :sad:

To conclude.
we're f**ked.
Is an understatement!

Zoom
4th Mar 2006, 23:14
In saying that he would be judged by God over Iraq he appeared to saying that he was not prepared to be judged by anyone else, and certainly not by the British public. He obviously believes that the only being to whom he is answerable is God, so b*gger veryone else, even those sad, misguided souls who voted for him. What a pompous git!

wg13_dummy
5th Mar 2006, 00:06
And they say we (UK) are always ten years behind the yanks.

JessTheDog
5th Mar 2006, 10:35
I sincerely hope that Bliar has the opportunity to be judged by his Maker as soon as possible. Today would not be too soon. :E

A2QFI
5th Mar 2006, 11:27
JTD - I hope you mean "Today would NOT be too soon" or even "Yesterday was too late!"

trilander
5th Mar 2006, 11:58
Blagged from teletext

If Blair took advice from God, may we see the transcripot ???

Trumpet_trousers
5th Mar 2006, 13:51
The sooner this clown returns to the circus, the better. Anyone else notice how there was NOTHING about this in the lunchtime news today, and how it was conveniently eclipsed by Tessa Jowell's marital problems? Coincidence? :mad:

Still nothing about the clown in the news - Jowell has very conveniently taken the heat off him (TB,) whilst professing to know nothing about her husband's misdemeanours. Surely she can remember signing her own name on a joint document?

opso
5th Mar 2006, 15:35
She remembers clearly because the bank said they'd have to wait 45 minutes for a decision on approval or not of the mortgage. This 45 minutes Waiting Mortgage Decision (WMD) has haunted this government ever since...:E