PDA

View Full Version : Friday Activities

jonesthepilot
3rd Mar 2006, 12:42
Does the RAF still fly on Fridays? Judging by the amount of activity today on this forum it would appear to the uninitiated that there is no flying going on. Bit of ground training and then a liquid lunch perhaps? Come on members of Aunty Betties Flying Club, what really does happen on Fridays?:ok:

Farmer 1
3rd Mar 2006, 12:48
Give them a chance, for goodness' sake! Probably not back from the weekend yet!

LFFC
3rd Mar 2006, 13:07
I understand that most of the RAF people at MOD spend their time answering phone calls for their RN colleagues who, of course, knock off at lunchtime! ;)

4Foxtrot
3rd Mar 2006, 13:18
I'm out of the office until Monday. Your Pprune post has not been read or forwarded. For urgent enquiries, please call 999.

threepointonefour
3rd Mar 2006, 21:54
Some still do fly Fridays ... probably more than a few years ago.

The Friday afternoon aircrew gnd trg has now been replaced with the far more comical ...

"PSF is closed on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for admin"

soddim
3rd Mar 2006, 22:30
Remember a few years ago (maybe a lot!) that we concluded, since lots of accidents happened on Fridays, we would cease flying at lunchtime and do ground training in the afternoon. Ginger beers could fettle jets for Monday and we could stack to the bar in good time for H-Hour having filled a few squares that would never have got filled otherwise.

Worked for us - maybe it's still working - or maybe now they get to the pub at lunchtime!

Tombstone
3rd Mar 2006, 23:12
Oh Sh*t, are we supposed to turn up for work on Fridays? :cool:

santiago15
4th Mar 2006, 01:27
I used to love pitching-up in London, to see my girlfriend at the time, on a Friday. I regularly made it from Linton into KX at midday; by the time I was in the bars, clad in scruffy jeans, with the post-city folks I'd been away from work since 11.

"How was your day Rupert?"

"Fine thanks, the company made £x million today. And yours George?"

"Fine thanks, I spent the early morning waggling my wings at wind-surfers on Lake Windemere and the rest of the day chilling."

It's life Jim............

All that glitters...........