PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Topcliffe TAPS

Send Clowns
3rd Mar 2006, 11:53
I am a civvy pilot (though I completed EFT/BFT and most of AFT in the RN) but I am flying into Topcliffe on Tuesday. Problem is AIDU aren't answering their phones, neither are Topcliffe, and I really could do with the terminal charts for Topcliffe by Tuesday just in case I need to come in on instruments (VFR is OK, as they are in Pooley's).

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Ops and Mops
3rd Mar 2006, 12:35
Why not speak to Linton Ops (do they still look after Topcliffe?) and see if they can sort you out with some.

Send Clowns
3rd Mar 2006, 14:09
Linton Ops didn't know what I meant by "TAPS"! I'm sure I can shoot a PAR with only the airfield elevation and frequencies, so it is not critical. Habits of a good IR holder demand I need a pice of paper!

Nibbled2DeathByDucks
3rd Mar 2006, 15:32
Linton Ops didn't know what I meant by "TAPS"!

Now there's a surprise! :ugh:

Ops SUPPORT (Flt Ops) - Just where does the support come into it?

airborne_artist
3rd Mar 2006, 16:34
Just where does the support come into it?

It's the type of tights they have to wear, I understand. See here (http://www.tightsplease.co.uk/products/ARA525.html)

southside
3rd Mar 2006, 16:52
Maybe you asked for the wrong thing.... Im not sure that the RAF do TAPs anymore. Not in the Vain that they used to be, in those big blue loose leaf books. Nowadays they are all in a single book and amended en-masse...seems a waste of money to me but hey

ratty1
3rd Mar 2006, 22:05
...seems a waste of money to me but hey

Good job nobody cares what you think then hey............

Send Clowns
3rd Mar 2006, 22:19
They do sell them by the plate or by the airfield, at a very reasonable price; they are just in the RAF, so don't answer the phone on a Friday afternoon ;) A kind PPRuNer has offered to email me a copy, so hope it is all solved now. Thanks for your input, everyone!